Issue 50 - Spider-Man No More

"There you have it, folks! Concrete to show Spider-Man is what I always claimed he was. A criminal, a cold-hearted killer who has finally shown his true colours! Our noble and valour mayor of Tokyo, Norman Osborn, has been murdered. But, what he did for this city shall never be forgotten, which is why Spider-Man will have no way to hide. So, run all you like, Y/N Parker, the toll has come, and your debt is due. Now the world will see you for who you truly are, and no one will ever forget it."

Crawling to my feet, I began jumping between buildings and serval news helicopters pursuing me with police on the ground. My eyes were still teary, my body sore from the removal of the symbiote. To top that, I no longer had my web shooters. Things really couldn't get any worse.

Taking a giant leap over a set of apartments, I rolled forward, turning to my side, flinching as Mount Lady appeared towering over me. "Enough running, Spider-Man, hold still!"

Flipping back off the building, I began wall running as the pros were now in play. Avoiding the grasp of Mount Lady, I shot down to the lower floors spinning off a lamppost flying through the air. Usually, an escape would be a cakewalk, but yet again, I was reminded how much I rely on those damn webs. Gripping the wall, I spun around the corner; my eyes widened as Fat Gum jumped up, trying to detain me immediately. Picking up a set of flower plants hanging over a balcony, I threw them at the pro, watching him suck them in. Before he could absorb them, I pressed down on the plants, using them as stepping stones to running up and jumping off his head back onto the roof.

Keeping a light jog, I turned around as a police force burst through the doors, guns aimed. "Freeze Spider-Man!"

"Give me a break..." I groan, running away from the gunfire, sliding across the roof, pushing myself off, flying away. Landing on the nearby train, I stuck myself on as I managed to escape at break speed. Lying on my back, I took a long-winded breath checking my phone. "This can't be happening..."

Before I could rest easy, the train began slowing down as a police escort was already waiting. Readying myself to move, I was quickly ambushed by a dozen pros who appeared from nowhere. At least that's what it looked like at first glance. But, in reality, it was just one.

Ectoplasm surrounded me, shouting. "Give it up, Y/N; we don't want to hurt you. Come with us quietly."

Choosing the ideal option, I began running toward where I came from, getting the clones to swarm me. Dodging each one, I dived off the train, keeping focused. Landing on a car, it swerved, almost crashing. I made sure to save the unlucky passenger. I ensured it crashed into a fire hydrant using the sudden burst of water to propel myself away, escaping once again. "Just a little further, Y/N... You're almost there, Avengers Headquarters... Come on, if anyone can help you, it's them!"

Seeing the logo in sight, my eyes lit up hopeful. That was until I was hit by a shockwave knocking me into a billboard. Hunched over, I fell onto a rooftop dazed. The jacket Jiro let me borrow burnt from a sonic blaster. I went to move again only to find myself stuck when music began blaring out, echoing throughout the city. Heavy metal... AC/DC? Back in Black. "Oh great... This guy."

Iron Man slammed down, holding his hands out, charging up his repulsors with missile launchers coming from his shoulders. "I think it's time you surrender, kid."

Falling back down, I sat in shame, sighing. "You win, Stark..."

****

"Iron Man, genus playboy billionaire, second in command of the Avengers and possibly the most famous superhero in the world next to Captain America. Not only that, but he is also quirkless fighting crime with just his mind and the billions of disposable money. Oh, and did I also mention a massive ego prick who only cares about the fame and bitches. Did I get that right?"