Issue 26 - What Goes Bump in the Night

"I'm sure my viewers have relished over the recent UA Sports Festival like me. Now, while I'm not one for glorified superhero monetisation.  I was willing to look the other way due to everyone's favourite Web-Slinging menace Y/N Parker taking part. Now, I was pretty willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and turn over a new leaf. It's not too farfetched to believe UA has pulled the vigilante into shape. However, I am again proven right about how Y/N Parker is a crazed menace who puts others at risk. Otto Octavius went wacko in the second round of battles and tried to kill the boy. Instead of stopping the quirkless madman, Y/N decided to use his cousin as a meatshield to protect him. If he was the so-called hero he claims to be, he shouldn't have any problems taking down a lab rat!" J Jonah Jamerson screams, wagging his finger.

"That's not all, folks; the video has garnished well over 5 million views on our very own site of Y/N Parker using a different quirk to battle his classmate. Now I don't want to jump to conclusions. Still, this quirk is strikingly familiar to the murderous villain The Scarlet Witch! So I wouldn't put it beside Y/N to lie and cheat his way this far. The real question is, what else is the webhead hiding?! The quicker that boy is expelled from UA High, the better for everyone! This is J Jonah Jamerson signing off."

"I can't believe this guy!" Peni barked, slamming the canteen table. "How can he come up with such lies time and time again?"

Tearing my packet of nuts open, I scoff, smiling to myself. "It's the complete opposite for me, Peni. I enjoy JJ's wild rambling; I'll listen to his rambling to cheer me up whenever I'm down."

"But you're always listening to his podcast?" Ashido pointed out.

Sighing, I slouched over, deflated. "I know... I just need something to keep me going with everything going on, you know? Some of our classmates have been actively avoiding me since the news Vision broke. Not to mention I have to concern myself with my deranged mother perhaps showing up... That's on top of my humiliating showing at the Sports festival."

"You didn't do that bad, Y/N; you came fourth overall. Tied with Midoriya."

"I know that's not bad at all. Hell, I was lucky I got that far with no gadgets and the quirk users I had to go up against." I whispered, scratching my neck. "But that just isn't good enough anymore. I need to get stronger, stronger than ever and in record timing too."

"It's a good thing you're here then, right?" Peni poked in, sipping on her milkshake. "I'll help whatever way I can."

"You're kidding, right? I've been here two months, and we've hardly had time to improve in the slightest. I don't have time for pointless crap like school or sparring matches. I need something to topple the competition. So I refuse to even think for a second about using my mother's quirk; if she comes after me, I need to be ready to stop her."

Ashido gave me a look of concern. "I don't want to be that person, Y/N, but you cannot take the Scarlet Witch alone; you killed Doctor Strange; he isn't some B rank pro. He was in the same league as All Might and Captain America. The Avengers are here, and so are we to hel-."

"I don't want any of your help." I force in rubbing my face. "This is my problem and mine alone! If you or Peni were to be caught in the crossfire and be hurt or worse. I couldn't forgive myself. Because of my incompetence, you were almost in that situation with Otto Peni."

As Peni tried to argue, I was caught off guard as Felica came running in, hiding behind me, whispering. "Y/N... Please, don't let him take me."

"Y/N, who is she?" Ashido asked, confused.

Standing up, I tried calming Felica down, holding her shoulders. "Easy, easy, Felica. What's going on?"

I turned around, startled as a giant man walked in, crouching under the door to fit. He wore a well kept black suit which looked to be expensive. Matching that was a bald head and piercing blue eyes. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up as he approached. "Felica, I will not ask you again; come with me."