Issue 49 - The Symbiotic Break-up

Fireworks lit up the sky as rain poured down over the destroyed bar. Shigaraki stood staring at the place he once considered home, a shell of himself.

His mentor and father figure was gone. His deal with Osborn had gone sideways, and now he was left with nothing. One of his most potent allies, Dabi, was behind bars, and any support he gained was dwindling.

"Shigaraki, we should go," Kurogiri suggested. "It's not safe here."

The burst of light in the sky drew Shigaraki's attention at the right moment as he saw Spider-Man swinging through the city, coming to a halt by the local church. But, grinding his teeth, he had already decided he wasn't going to lose everything tonight. "Give me five minutes."

"Yes, sir."

Approaching the church grounds, Shigraki used his quirk to destroy the fence blocking his path. Then, stepping through the cemetery, he looked up, hissing. "You and your hero allies took everything from me, and now I'm going to change that. I'm going to kill you, Spider-Man."

****

Falling onto the local church's roof, I hurled over, fighting back the constant whispers in my head. My suit was going maniac, trying to take complete control, already knowing what I was planning to do.

Jiro pulled herself up dizzy, trying to help me. "Parker, talk to me. What's wrong?"

"Stay away from me!" I howl, a distorted voice creeping through. "I don't want to hurt you, Jiro... But, please, we have to do this now."

"Now? But we aren't away from the public. On the contrary, you said it yourself; we need to be far away from the mass."

"There's no time," I scream on my knees, holding my head. "Please, before it takes over."

"𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞! 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐘/𝐍, 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞!"

"Enough!" I demand, slamming the floor. "I've had enough of you; I don't need you anymore."

The symbiote snapped, holding me back. "𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧, 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬. 𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫. 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦. 𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭!"

Panting, I smirked, looking up to Jiro. "If that's what you seriously think I want, then we're not right for each other. So this is goodbye, Jiro. No matter what happens, do not stop. No matter how much I plea and cry, do not stop for anything."

Still looking concerned, Jiro got down on one knee, readying her quirk. "Ready?"

"Ready for this nightmare to finally end."

Slowly moving my hands towards my suit, I tried my absolute best to tear it off, but with each rip, the suit would quickly sliver back together, making each attempt harder than the last. Then Jiro sent an inial burst of sound, making me stumble around, screaming in the utmost pain I had ever experienced. It felt like my skin was being peeled off. The suit began trying to fight back, but with all my willpower, I resisted keeping far away from the last hope I had.