Issue 25 - Who are You?

To say I had a lot going on in my mind would be a slight understatement. It had been a week since the disaster of a sports festival for me. My confidence had taken quite the hit losing to Bakugo and discovering other secrets hidden from me.

I was only now being let out of the containment centre and allowed to return to class. Not that it's made it any easier. I wasn't sure if I could face everyone after the week we had. Would they see me differently? Would I see myself as the same Y/N Parker?

Standing in front of my class, I held my face, wincing. It still stung like hell using that other quirk, but it's fading. Standing idly, I just waited. I was nervous beyond hell. I've never felt like this before; as my hand went for the door, it slid open as confetti shot out all over me. "Welcome bac-." A pause. Everyone went silent as I walked in, slowly flicking off the confetti. 

The silence was unbearable as Midoriya was the one to speak up. "Y/N? Are you alright? What happened to well?"

I nodded, feeling the bandages wrapped around my eyes blinding me. "Yeah, I doubt anyone wasn't going to notice this."

"Was it that quirk you used during your fight with Bakugo?" Jiro asked.

Clenching my fist, I began fidgeting, nodding. "Yeah... I pushed myself too hard using the... other quirk."

"Are you blind?"

"No, no. I just need time to let it heal. I can somewhat see, thanks to my Spider-Sense, but it's not easy. I walked into two doors on the way here..." I chuckle, falling silent. "I'm sorry."

"What the hell have you got to apologise for?!" Bakugo barked. 

"I went too far; if Aizawa didn't stop me, I might have seriously hurt you, Bakugo."

Smirking to himself, Bakugo snapped back. "Like hell you were; besides, you were the walking corpse refusing to give up."

The door opened again as I jumped back, startled. "Oh, Y/N Parker, I didn't know you were back; that's great, perfect timing, actually." Midnight stated.

Slowly sitting down, I kept feeling my bandages, unable to keep them on any longer. Slowly taking them off, it took a while for my eyes to adjust. Everything was slightly blurry. Kirishima glanced at me, looking conflicted. "Well, it doesn't look too bad."

Faintly smiling, I looked down, whispering. "Thanks, Kirishima..."

"Everyone, if I could have your attention. I have a few important announcements. Firstly today will be the day you choose your hero name; with your intern coming up, you will all need professional names. So please think carefully when choosing."

"Hell yeah! Hero names, I've been waiting for this!" Ashido yelled.

"I'll pass around a piece of paper to everyone; you will write your hero name down and present it to the class. Secondly, we have a special visitor from America coming by later today. I'm sure many of you know them from the Avengers agency."

"The Avengers?! Holy shit, who is it? Iron Man, Captain America?!"

"Easy, easy. We'll focus on our hero names one step at a time, then we can debate all you like."

The paper was handed down to everyone as I sat staring blankly at my sheet of paper. Usually, I would be thrilled about this; it's about time I made a hero name for myself... But truth be told, I'm not too sure anymore with everything that has come to light."

"Psst, psst," Ashido whispered, leaning forward. "What name are you thinking of?"

"Huh?" I reply, glancing over my shoulder. "I... I don't really know."