Issue 30 - Kraven's Last Hunt

I was stuck in a constant trance while serving people soup. Then, choosing to help May at F.E.A.S.T, I switched my brain off, constantly thinking of stopping Kingpin. I couldn't let this happen, not when Felica and the others counted on me.

"I don't see you here that often, Y/N; this is a pleasant surprise."

Snapping to, I was startled to see Martin Li. "Oh, Mr Li... Sorry, I have a lot going on, so May suggested coming here to avoid all the mess."

"From being expelled, right? News spreads fast, it seems. I'm sorry about what happened. And please, Martin is just fine."

May came over carrying a set of boxes. "Martin, where do you want these rations to go?"

"Oh great, they've arrived just before going again. The usual spot will be fine, thank May." He pointed out, passing the bowls of soup to the homeless. "Can I have a quick word Y/N?"

Putting the spoon down, I followed Martin Li to the back of the room. "Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all. I was just slightly caught off guard you being here. Your Uncle used to bring you down every weekend to play with the children. It was nice seeing you helping so many in need in any way possible. While Japan's poverty margin isn't as bad as America's, we help anyone. If you aren't fighting any crime, we'd be happy to have you help whenever you can."

"I suppose if it's not too much of a problem. I'm not sure how much I'll be around. I still have issues of my own to solve."

"That I understand." Martin Li nods. "I'm sure Feast will also help you, Y/N, even if you don't know it. The more children we keep off the quirk infested streets, the better. Sometimes I wonder what this world would be like if quirks never existed... But, sorry, look at me rambling on. I won't hold you anymore; could you do me a favour, though? There's a set of broken beds outback we've been meaning to throw out but never have the manpower to do so. You think you can put your quirk to good use?"

"Su-sure... I guess."

"Oh, that's great. I need a catch a meeting out of town, so I'll leave the shelter in May's hands. Please help yourself to any snacks in the kitchen. I'm counting on you, Y/N."

Slowly walking into the main area, I stood idly staring at the TV alongside serval of the homeless. Then, finally, a news report from my favourite news reporter came on, only pouring salt into the wound.

"Today is a day to celebrate, ladies and gentlemen. The law has won, and justice has been served. If you are only joining us now, then I being good news. Y/N Parker has been expelled from UA High; this was just announced this morning as the school is seeing a major reform under the wing of the great Wilson Fisk. Seeing the corruption and ill will the once-mighty school was facing, Mr Fisk was brought in to pull the weeds and do the right thing. And that he has, I've said it for months, I called it right here, and now my point has been proven. Y/N Parker, now going by Spider-Man, is a menace. He holds no regard for others thinking this city is his playground. Every since he cursed UA with his presence, there have been Villain attacks, corrupt teachers and now assault as the crook attacked Mr Fisk with no remorse." J Jonah Jamerson roared for the first time, grinding my gears. Usually, this would make me laugh but not today.

"The kid is lucky that Mr Fisk is as generous as he is dropping any charges and letting him go free. This news is a relief to many of my viewers to know our future is in good hands with that webhead gone. This comes with further confirmation of a joint partnership with Norman Osborn and Wilson Fisk. They target to give back to the community and help those in need. So there you have it, folks; this is what a real superhero looks like. Wilson Fisk, a man who can do no wrong."