Issue 27 - What does it Mean to be an Avenger?

Snap

"Yo Y/N, you still with me?" Ashido questioned, flicking her hand past my face. Then, blinking serval times, I came back to my senses, seeing her looking annoyed. "Can we just have one afternoon without any concern about school or hero stuff?"

"Sorry, sorry. I promised something normal, right, at least as normal as before our avengers training." I say, putting my hands together. "I'll try and stop worrying, Mina."

Proudly smiling, she nodded, forcing a spoon in my mouth. "Good, here try this."

Coughing, I stumble back, wiping my mouth. "Wow, that's hot. Jesus, what is that?!"

"Ghost chilli pepper curry. Pretty good, right?"

Nodding, I began whimpering, wiping my teary eyes. "Yeah, it is. Too hot, though..." Sitting down, I kept coughing, gulping down a bottle of water. "How can you eat that stuff so sparingly?"

"It's not so bad. Do you want another bite?"

"No." 

Sitting next to me, Ashido kept taking mouthfuls, falling silent, clearly wanting to speak up. "So umm Y/N... Can I ask you something? I want your serious answer here. No silly quips or get outs, alright?"

Sitting cross-legged, I gave Ashido my full attention, nodding. "Sure, I'm all ears."

"Well, we've been dating for two months now. With all the drama, the villain attack and most recently the sports festival and your family issues... We haven't spent too much time together. I'm not blaming you, not in the slightest; it's just. My parents want to meet you."

Choking on my water, I sat wide-eyed, processing the request. "Your parents, like both of them? Mother and Father?"

"Well yeah, they hear me talking about you all the time, and well, I've met your Aunt plenty of times now. Both are quite eager to meet you. My Father, more specifically."

"Your Father? Just so we're both up to scratch, your father doesn't hate the idea I'm Spider-Man?"

"No, no. He was actually cheering us both on during the Sports Festival; they were hoping to have you some time for dinner."

"Dinner? Does that mean I have to wear a fancy suit and bring flowers? Do I talk all posh and proper? Oh, I don't know if I'm mentally prepared for such a task!" I argue, trying to push the offer aside.

Ashido clapped my face with her hands getting me to focus on her. "Easy tiger, they just want to meet you. There isn't some fancy catch or a villain involved. It's just dinner. Could you at least give it some thought?"

Taking a deep breath, I nodded. "If it's something you really want, how can I say no? I'll think about it."

Kissing me on the cheek, Ashido hugged me tightly over the moon. "Hell yes! Thank you so much! Thank you!"

Hugging her back, I quickly looked at my phone, getting a notification. "Crap, crap. We're late."

"No way, I thought we had plenty of time to spare."

"Don't worry, I can make sure we get there in record timing. Are you ready?"

"Oh, no way. We're finally doing this! Is this happening?!"

Adjusting my web-shooters, I nodded. "Just hold on tight and make sure not to block my line of sight. Here we go."

*****

Landing with a heavy thud, I stood up, moving my stiff shoulder. "I really need to practice swinging while holding other people."

"Ahh, wonderful, Mr Parker, you made it. Might I ask where Miss Ashido is? I was told she was taking part too?"