Issue 12 - Love, Carnage and Lizards

"Knock, knock," I call out, opening the door to the classroom. "Doctor Connors, are you in here?"

Sitting up from his desk, he rubbed his eyes, putting his glasses on. "Oh, Mr Parker, you're not in my class anymore."

"No, sorry. I was just, well." Then, holding up some textbooks, I smiled. "I needed to return these, yeah?"

"Right, thank you." He replied, taking them off my hands. "I'm sure you're settling into your new class, right?"

"Oh, yeah, I love it and all." I lie, rubbing the back of my neck. "It's just a lot to get used to."

Nodding, he looked back to his research. "I can imagine, it's a great honour to be recommended by the Avengers of all people. My two children love those superheroes. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America. They are a little obsessed."

"None of the pros over here?"

"Oh, no. My children live in America; I was brought in with a healthy salary to work for serval years in UA. The money was good, so I wasn't going to turn it down. They also gave me full access to the facilities to work on my own project."

Walking over, I looked over the notes. "This is research into quirk enhancers... This is incredible."

Doctor Connors chuckled slightly. "Why, thank you, of course, it would be someone like you who recognises what I'm trying to do. Quirks are very unpredictable and cruel when it comes to most of the world. Take me, for example; I have the quirk to regenerate limbs when lost or damaged. Unfortunately, that only works with my lizard tail here. I wasn't lucky in the arm department."

"Yeah, that must really suck... Sorry."

"Oh, no need to apologise. It is a cruel joke, but what if I could change that? What if I could improve my quirk to work on my arm too? Picking up my children, hugging my wife. The little things like that make a huge difference."

Turning the research around, I began humming, pulling up a chair. "You're trying to splice together the DNA that holds your quirk with your regular DNA with hopes to spike the group. I can see the idea, but I don't think that would work..."

"Yes, that's where I'm stuck." Going through my bag, I held up my month late assignment getting Doctor Connors to roll his eyes. "I'm not grading that, Mr Parker."

"No, no, forget the mark. Think about it; your quirk shares so much with the aspect of lizards. Mixing your own human DNA won't work, but what if we mixed lizard DNA instead?"

"Genetic splicing, bio fusion." Doctor Connors whispered, quickly jotting down the formula onto the whiteboard. Stepping shocked, he rubbed his face. "That might work; no, it most certainly would. How did you work this out, Y/N?"

Tapping my head, I shrugged my shoulders. "I think my quirk might give me enhanced intelligence, but I'm not one to stroke egos, so I've just said I'm smart."

"Thank you, Mr Parker; it seems I've got plenty of work to do. I think you should get going now."

"I can help you if you want; I have the f-."

"No, no, there won't be a need for that. I'm sure you have things to do. Don't worry about me, Mr Parker; change is coming. Big change!"

Basically pushing me out of the class, the door was slammed shut as I stood idly lost. "Umm, you're welcome! It's fine, right? I mean, nothing could go wrong, right? Yeah, yeah!"

Closing my schoolbag, I turned around, planning on heading home. Instead, turning the corner, I stumbled back, headbutting Ashido. "Ow, ow, ow. Y/N? What the hell, man? I thought you had that Spider Tingle."