Issue 21 - The Man They Called Ben

The crowd roared with anticipation as the final minute came into motion. Crouched down into my spider pose, I tightened my headband standing above, watching the teams consulting an assault on me. I looked down at Otto, Midoriya and Uraraka, nodding. "I have an idea, and this might just sound crazy but trust me. Hold our ground."

"Hold our ground?! Are you serious? We've got a minute. We need to run!" Uraraka shouted.

Midoriya looking nervous, held his breath. "Are you sure Y/N?"

Closing my eyes, I nodded. "I most certainly am. Don't let a single one break our defence, be the hero and save the day."

Twenty minutes earlier

I crouched down, giving it a lot of thought. The second round had been announced, and I wasn't so confident anymore. After an excellent first round, already at a disadvantage, I was thrown under the bus again. A cavalry battle which involved a set of teams. The few teams with the most points win.

That there wasn't a problem. No, the problem was having to work as a team in the first place. Otto came trampling overlooking down on me. "We're teaming up."

Standing up, I gave him a confused look. "That doesn't make much sense; I thought you wanted to beat me; why team up?"

"I am always overestimating your ability to reason, Y/N Parker. I want to beat you in battle; if you were to go out in this round, that wouldn't happen. So I've got to make sure you succeed too."

"Right... I don't want to be a dobby downer or anything, but I don't work well in a team. So I'm sort of alone super, hero."

Otto scoffed, crossing his arms. "Or maybe you're just too antisocial."

I laughed, nodding. "I suppose you're right. Alright, Otto, I'll team up with you."

"Good. Now I have a strategy, a perfect plan that will guarantee us the win. We will need Todoroki, Uraraka and Momo."

"Actually, I may have a better idea," I suggest walking over to Midoriya. Tapping him on the shoulder, I tut. "I mostly take it you're still looking for a team. Only an idiot would choose to team up with you."

"Which is why we're staying away from them, right?" Otto exclaimed, looking concerned.

I cross my arms smugly. "Of course not; we're teaming up with Midoriya."

"You're what?!" Midoriya gasped. "Wouldn't another team suit you better? What about Ashido?"

"What about her?" I question giving it a thought, realising that more people are starting to put the dots together. Then, going red, I turned away, scoffing. "My foolproof plan wouldn't work with her quirk. In fact, it doesn't matter what quirks we have, I just need one, and we already have her."

Uraraka pointed to herself, confused. "Me?"

"Yes, The four of us will do, actually. But, if you don't mind, Midoriya, I'd prefer if I was the one defending the points?" I suggest.

Midoriya gave it some thought before nodding. "Alright, I trust you with it. So what's the plan?"

Turning around, I held the one million point band chuckling. "We're going to lose this."

"What?!" The three shouted.

"What? Don't act so surprised; we only need to have enough points to make it into the top four. The way I see it, if we have the most points throughout the entire game, we'll only draw more unwanted attention. Everyone will be fighting over this bad boy. That's our advantage. We use ourselves as bait to steal the other's points."