Issue 31 - From Beyond the Grave

Dirt poured in as I dug my way out. Finally, tearing my hand out of the earth, I came out in the dead of night. I was already halfway out of the grave, letting out a gasp of air. But something wasn't right.

I was wearing a suit. My Spider-Man suit even though I was in my regular clothes. But that wasn't all, it was black, my suit was pure black.

That didn't matter, not at this moment. All my mind could think about was revenge. I was to make that bastard pay. Then, climbing out of Uncle Ben's grave, I felt reborn.

Slowly making my way out of the graveyard, I noticed my wounds were gone. I wasn't bleeding anymore, nor was my suit torn apart. Whatever this black suit was, it healed me. But, no, it did more than that. It felt good like I was more powerful than ever.

Kraven was already gone, probably back to his nest, the bastard. I wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily. He had to pay for what he's done. Rain began to pour as I looked at my web cartridges deflated. Of course, I was out because nothing can go right for me lately! 

That's when an idea popped into my head. I tried shooting a web regardless. I was stunned to find a black web firing from my arm. This suit, it could make its own webbing. What was it?

No. None of that mattered right now; I could worry about whatever gift I'd been given. I need to find where Kraven has hidden away too. Zipping through the city faster than ever, I was overwhelmed. There was no way a simple suit could do something like this? Maybe my quirk was growing; perhaps all that training wasn't for nothing? No. That couldn't be it; I could have easily defeated Kraven if that was the case.

It's the suit. I like it.

Roaring through the air, I spun around, taking advantage of my new webbing and thinking. "Where would that slime run away to? Wait a second if Kingpin hired him. He's going back to that son of a bitch to receive his payment. He's going to U.A High."

Picking up the pace, I tore through the city line flipping high in the air, screaming that my second wind was finally coming. Better late than never.

****

Landing on the side of the school, most of the lights were out. All apart from the headmaster's office. Kingpin. Crawling along the wall, I saw Kraven walking in through the window. 

"It is done. The Spider is dead, as you requested. No one will find him for a while." Kraven cackled, holding my bloody mask. I felt my face, another mask, not mine resting against my face. "I must thank you again, Mr Fisk."

"The pleasure is all mine; now about your payment."

"Bah. I do not want your money. My payment was the thrill in the hunt."  Kraven exclaimed, stabbing his blade into the desk. "And what a hunt it was."

"You know I could you a man with your skill level Kraven. You could be a more great use if you were to take down Spider-Man without any issues. But, unfortunately, there shall most likely be others who invade my goals. Prowler cannot do it alone."

"I am no lapdog Mr Fisk. The Spider was my prey. I have no interest in your petty war."

I've had enough. Time to crash and end this party once and for all. Jumping back, I swung into the office smashing through the window and kicking Kraven back. Smashed into the wall, he fell to his knees, dazed. "You're going to pay for what you did to Uncle Ben Kraven!"

"Spider?! Impossible; you should be dead." He roared, drawing a blade from his side. "What is the meaning of this?!"

"It appears I overestimated you, Kraven." Kingpin stated from behind his chair, hidden from sight.