Issue 7 - Secret Wars

It was the next day and the early morning since the attack on Harry's apartment. He was moved to a secret safe house of his father's for the time being. The party was a complete bust, and now some electric quirk user is on the loose. I needed answers if I was to stop this guy, and my first set of clues would have to bring me back to the crime scene.

With no web-shooters, I began crawling the side of the building, pausing to catch my breath. I was still pretty banged up from the attack, matching that with just a few hours of sleep, tying it all together into a neat package.

However, that didn't matter; my friends were almost killed by whatever Harry's dad was keeping. I needed to know what. Climbing back onto the balcony, I saw serval birthday cards scorched alongside a present from Peni, which I didn't get to unwrap. Opening my bag, I stuffed the cards in before hearing voices coming from the building. Jumping up, I turned to the ceiling crawling around as serval guards for Osborn were walking around. "Look at this mess; you would think Mr Osbourne would learn not to conduct these experiments in his own home. Unfortunately, his own son was hit in the attack."

"Did everyone get out alright?"

"Luckily, yeah. That Spider guy saved many of them; what a coincidence he was around. Although I heard the kid, they were celebrating his birthday for took a pretty damning hit."

"That sucks..." The other guard sighs. "Do you know what he had down there?"

"You know we're not allowed to talk about what he does. So keep focused; who knows if that lab rat shows up again?"

"Lab rat?" I whispered, taking photos. "What were you up to, Mr Osborn?" Continuing to sneak around, I saw where the explosion came from initially. Then, it went down serval floors into the unknown. Waiting for the guards to pass by, I dropped down, landing in what looked like a lab. Or what was left of it.

The place was utterly destroyed, with windows and equipment obliterated. Jumping into the testing grounds, I looked around, shocked. "Mr Osborn seriously had all of this under our noses? Why would he put his own son in danger like this?"

Walking around inspecting the damage, I came across a giant holding containment. This thing could keep the hulk at bay. Jumping in, I felt the material shocked. Feelings the wall, I was surprised getting a closer look. "It's made out of silver... A good martial to use as electrical resistance. Where they keeping that figure in here as a prisoner?" I saw a small flicking of a computer screen in the corner of my eye. Running over, I crouched down, picking up the screen. "It's still working. Fancy that!"

"Test 002, This is Norman Osborn beginning test number two of the Quirkless trials. Subject 009 has been showing small progress in dampening his quirk, but there is still work to be done."

I watched as Harry's dad walked over to the containment container I was sitting on as bright lights flashed from the glass. A person crashed against it looking horrified, crying out. "Mr Osbourne, I don't want to do this anymore; please just let me go. I, I just want to see my sister."

"Easy there, we're trying to help you. You know you can't go home in your condition. You don't want to put your sister Rumi at risk again, do you?"

"No..." He muttered, deflated. "Of course not."

"Good; if you would state your name for the camera, we can begin the test."

"My name is Shiraishi; most know me as the Electric Man."

Norman nodded, jotting down the notes attaching a tube to the machine holding Shiraishi standing back. "Project Quirkless is attached, beginning the test. Are you ready 009?"

"Do it... Fix me, please, Doc."

The machine activated red lights flickering out as what looked to be clumps of string kept bleeding out. Finally, the feed began to fizzle and glitch as screams were heard. Norman fell back, trying to turn the machine off. "Hold on, it will stabilise!"