Issue 46 - The Night Love Died

Snow had slowly consumed the city as May watched from the window of F.E.A.S.T, dazzled by the beauty. At that moment, she heard her phone ring. Before she should reach it, Martin Li poked his head through knocking.

"I'm not disturbing, am I?"

"No, no. Please come in; how can I help you, Mr Li?"

Martin Li clasped his hands together, smiling. "I'm sorry if I come off a little negative on you, May; you've been great. A cut above the rest, I was just wondering, I know this is short notice, if you-"

"If I could?"

Martin Li paused, staring out the window, squinting. "Is that?"

May turned to look out suddenly, her stomach dropping as she stumbled back when a bomb exploded, taking out the office and sending the people seeking shelter into a panic.

****

Ashido was saying something I couldn't quite hear. My mind was in serval different places as we zipped through the city and the incoming blizzard. I had wasted enough time with the Sinister Six that I already feared the worst. 

"Y/N! Y/N!" Ashido screamed in my ear, forcing me to a quick stop as I fell onto a rooftop, exhausted. Ashido stumbled forward, almost falling over the edge. "This is madness; I mean, just look at us. You're barely holding together. Do you honestly think you stand any sort of chance against him?"

Breathing heavily, I scrapped at the snow forming, shaking my head. "What choice do I have? I can't lose May to that bastard, not like Ben. It can't be like last time. But I won't let it. I have the power to save her; even if it kills me, I have to stop the Goblin."

"Y/N..."

"Either you help me or get the hell out of my way!" I bark, adjusting my web shooters, ready to move.

Ashido held on, shaking her head. "I'm always there. Let's take this villain down together."

Propelling forward, the horror already sunk in as F.E.A.S.T was up in flames. "May!"

Landing at the front entrance, I tore the doors open, seeing people hurt trying to escape. Covering my mouth, I began coughing. "Everyone out! Mina, help everyone get out. I'm going to look for May."

Kissing me on the cheek, she nodded. "Be careful."

Webbing up, I looked at the chaos feeling my blood boil; this was wrong even for a villain. There was no reason, no meaning behind this. It was just evil. Swinging onto the second floor, I smashed through the glass, making it to May's office and seeing it blown up. Lying on the floor, I was shocked to find Martin Li. Running over, I tried helping him up only to find it was too late. "Mr Li... I'm sorry." Pulling him to one side, I tore the door off, shouting. "Aunt May?! May where are you?!" 

The moment I approached the office, I was smashed back, flying across the hallway. The Green goblin appeared cackling. "You're pathetically predictable, like a moth to the flame."

Holding my waist, I snapped, staring him down. "Where is she?"

Wagging his finger, he began tutting. "Ahh, ahh, ahh. All in good time. She's safe, for now. So you being here means you dealt with my Sinister Six? I must say I'm impressed, Parker. You're full of surprises just like your Uncle."

"I'm going to get him the justice he deserves tonight!" I shout, running at the Goblin and throwing a punch. Catching it, he kicked me back through the glass into the main hall. The homeless kept running around me as the Green Goblin jumped down, approaching. Ashido came to help as I swung my arms, shouting. "Don't worry about me; get everyone else out!"