Issue 13 - Cold Blooded Horror

"Y/N Parker! The more you worry about that damn web-shooters of yours, the later you're going to be." May shouted, packing my lunch, hearing the bell ring. "That's for you, hurry up and answer it."

Quickly taking off the gadgets, I ran out of my room, walking backwards, looking at May, confused. "For me, Harry didn't agree to walk with me today?"

I was taken back by the door, but that quickly changed into a smile. "Ashido? What are you doing here?"

May walked over, handing Ashido another packed lunch. "I said she could drop by anytime for lunch. Sorry about Y/N keeping you so long."

"It's no problem at all, May; worse comes to wear, I'm sure he can swing to school. You'll take me web-slinging, right Y/N?"

"O-of course!"

Peni poked her head around the corner, clearing her throat. "I hope you won't just forget about me."

"Peni? Didn't expect you to be tagging along."

"Kirishima told Harry, who told Gwen. And Gwen's mother told my mum you were going out with Ashido. I just had to see the scoop for myself." Peni smirked, jumping up. "Hey there, Aunt May!"

"Good morning, Peni; it's been a while. How are you?"

"Great, thank you, wow, I haven't seen your apartment in years... Actually thinking about it the last time I visited Uncle Ben... Sorry."

May smiled, shaking her head. "It's alright. You three, hurry up before you're late for school."

****

I was in my own world, constantly fiddling with my web shooter, trying to fix the minor issue. Peni and Ashido were gossiping with each other talking about God know what. Then, I came to a sudden halt as traffic rushed down the road. Sighing to myself, I kept trying to fire off my webbing to find nothing happening.

"I walked in on Y/N changing from his costume a few years back. You should have seen the look on his face." Peni cackled, leaning over my shoulder. "Whatcha doing?"

"I've been trying to fix this mother trucker for the past serval hours, but the damn thing is blocked."

Rolling her eyes, Peni took it off, fiddling around with it. "Never let a boy do a woman's job... You really screwed this one up, but I got it."

I stood idly watching Peni fix it, waiting for the lights to change green. Ashido shook her head in disbelief. "You're cousin is amazing, Y/N. She made your web shooters?"

"No, they're my original design."

Peni smirked, pulling small screws out. "Yeah, but I made it work."

"I'm not even going to pretend like that's a lie; Peni here is like my knight in shining armour when it comes to my gadgets. I wouldn't be half the hero without her."

"Aww, Y/N, I'm touched." She said sarcastically, the web cartridge flying out. She caught it, flipping it around and putting it back in. Then, firing off a web, she smiled, handing it back. "Fixed it."

Snatching it back, I gave a faint nod. "Thanks, Peni."

"So, like, what are you love birds planning next? A theme park, arcade, the beach?"

"I hate sand," I whisper, shivering. "After that villain, I never want to see a grain of sand again."

Ashido wasn't quite sure either, laughing. "Well, I'm not quite sure how painting your kitchen can be topped, to be honest. But, on the other hand, perhaps we've reached the peak of all dates."

"They'll make a movie about it and everything." I mock going with the joke. "I'll come up with something; you free this weekend?"

"Do we have homework?"