Chapter eight

MARIAH'S POV

I hadn't thought Leonix would be the kind to be a Mafia don's son..

He'd told me everything the moment I had awoken from my slumber.

I didn't even know Mafia's were still held in the hands of this world.

My dad was, or let me rephrase that. IS the mafia don. And me being the only child in his care at the moment I'm the heir.

I didn't need to be told that. I knew.

Or so I thought

Leonix kept me in the basement? Of his home. He had people come round regularly to feed me and make sure I was doing okay.

Even though I was in the hands of a man in the mafia, he hadn't touched me. Not one layed a hand on me. I'm thankful for that.

•••

It's been a couple hours, or minute's, or seconds since I've had my last meal.

It was now Wednesday,yesterday being Tuesday,also being the day I was rudely taken.

Atleast he was kind enough to give me blankets and a pillow so I was semi comfortable.

I didn't have a bed, or a mattress. Just the cold, hard floor.

Not long after I had sat down by the wall with the blanket draped over my cold body a man walked in.

There was something oddly familiar about him. The way his eyes sparkled when the light had hit them. The way you couldn't tell if his eyes were green or blue.

I knew these eyes.

They were the eyes I had been missing all these years.

I shot up from my sitting position speed walking over to him.

I wanted to wrap my arms around him and hug him the tightest I've ever hugged in my life.

But I'm afraid he won't remember the way I have.

He had a plate of food in his hands and when I came closer he looked up at me once more and looked into my eyes.

He sat the plate down on the table that had been on the opposite wall of where we were standing.

He didn't remember

He walked out locking the door back up behind him, looking back before walking away disappearing into the dark Abis of the long hallway.

My eyes well with tears and I fall to my knee's curling into ball, letting all my tears fall down my knee's.

My own brother hadn't remembered me.  Or maybe he had and didn't want to say anything.

Was he working for Leonix?

I gather myself together and eat the food that had been cooked and brought down just for me.

I heard the door to the basement open and close again.

A familiar figure comes into view. Leonix.

"Get up, I know you're not comfortable down here so you'll be staying in the guest room upstairs." I nod my head and slowly stand up.

He reaches his hand down to help me stand up easier.

I hesitantly grab his hand and he pulls me up and wraps his other hand on the small of my back.

We walk out from the basement and I'm met with amazing white walls filled up with portraits and other small pictures of people, and other things.

I want to wander the halls for hours at end.

"Beautiful isn't it?  I'd be a fool if I lied about my mother designing this all." 

I mumble a 'yes, it's great' under my breath not wanting him to hear how raspy my voice is.

We walk up the stairs to the next level and immediately we're met with many different doors.  Different hallways leading different directions.

He Leads me towards the biggest hallway with 3 different doors.  2 of the doors being placed opposite of each other and one straight ahead.

He opens one door, to say I'm flabbergasted would be an understatement.

The designing is amazing. The way everything is put all in place and nothing is clattered around the floors.

"This will be your room. Mine is right next to it, to your left if you need anything." He say's while walking to the bed and fixing the blanket a bit before gesturing with his hand for me to look around.

"Wow. I- thank you. I know I'm supposed to be mad at you for 'kidnapping' me but this is better than I could ever ask for." I say running to the bed plopping down on it,rolling around.

"Don't thank me, thank my mother and sister. They designed this room." And with that he left closing the door on his way out.

UGHH IM LOSING MOTIVATION TO WRITE BUT IM GOING TO KEEP PUSHING FOR YOU GUYS AND HOPEFULLY THIS BOOK GOES SOMEWHERE BIGGER.

The room