Chap 38

Leo:

After Mariah fell asleep on my shoulder we arrived home quicker than I thought and I took her to my bed. I left the room to do some paperwork and sign off on something's.

This morning I went downstairs and prepared breakfast for Mariah to give her some breakfast in bed. I had made Eggs,bacon,and some avocado toast and Lemonade.

I put it on the plate and put the plate and cup on the tray after turning off the stove and putting the dishes In the sink. I carefully make my way up the steps. Shayla was already awake and playing out back with Fang and Danika.

I had finally reached my door and groaning from inside, I open the door slowly to reveal a sweaty Mariah. She looked to be a bit startled but her eyes were still closed.

A nightmare.

I thought for a moment before walking over to the bed and sitting down next to her placing the tray on the nightstand, I gently shake her to wake her up and she shoot's right up.

She trembles as she turns to look at me and breaks down when her eyes meet mine. I pull her close into my chest and soothe her with soft words and rub my hand up and down her back.

She quiet's down and I let go before speaking.

"I made you something, thought I'd be nice." I announce holding the tray out to her legs and place it down.

She nod's and give's a soft smile before digging in.

"I'm going to go work on some things in the office okay? Come get me or yell if you need me, I'll be right there." I say giving her a wet forehead kiss.

She Looks up through her eyelashes and nod's once more before I walk off and down to my office.

The owner of the Korean mafia's daughter is supposed to be coming here later on today to discuss some business that her father want's done. I've told him no many time's before but he won't shut the hell up so I'll see what I can do.

I take my seat at my desk and sign into my desk top computer, also opening up the laptop that sits right next to it. I go to my documents to see what I need to do and get to work.

An hour goes by:

I hear my phone buzz from in my pocket, I keep my eyes locked on the computer but answer my phone.

"Who the hell is this and what do you want, I'm busy make it quick." I spat not caring who was on the other side.

I hear a giggle from the other side of the phone and recognize it.

"Hello princess, do you need something is everything alright?" I ask in a calmer voice than usual.

I hear a hum and then she speaks up.

"Can we go get something's from the store?" Mariah ask's.

I look away from the computer and turn to the window.

"Of course we can, is there anything in particular that we need to get?" I ask her.

And then she sniffle's.

"Princess what's wrong? Stay in bed I'm coming up there!" I say before hanging up the phone and closing the tab's on my computer and rush up the stair's. Entering the room I See Mariah crying while clutching her stomach.

"What happened?" I say as I rush over to her and kneel down infront of her as I stroke her cheek with my thumb.

"I don't want to say, it's embarrassing!" She say's and I look around for anything that could help.