Chapter nine

Mariah's POV

After spending time exploring the house when Leonix told me not to go out of the room I've been out in I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up this morning to a whole bunch of clothes in the closet that had been left wide open.

I looked for something comfortable to wear after my shower.  I grabbed a pair of white Nike sweats and a black cropped tee. And of course my other what nots.

I walk into the bathroom and just as I turn the nozzle for hot water I hear a knock sound on my door.

Thankfully I was still in my clothes. I made my way to the door, and as soon as I opened it I'm instantly wanting to close it.

Not because it's Leonix because quite frankly it's not him.

It's the other him.

My brother.

I swallow the lump in my throat and say the first thing that comes to mind. "Uh, yes? Is there something the matter?"

Shoot. I shouldn't have spoken at all.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

Frick.

He replies with shaking his head no before speaking up.

" is it really you? Mar's?"

I nod my head yes quickly and jump into his arm's for a hug.

"I'm sorry for not trying to find you after all these years. I've just been busy and I-" he sighs when I interrupt

"Shh, it's not your fault I know. Trust me I know" I testify still holding my arms around his neck while he holds me close.

He set's me down when the sound of somebody clearing their throat interrupt's our moment.

We turn our heads to the direction it came from. Leonix.

He steps forward speaking. "Marcus, y'know her?"

Marcus shakes his head yes while also speaking yes.

"I see. How so? Friend,cousin,girlfriend?" Leonix speaks in a furious voice.

Shit, he's mad? What for.

"Little sister, actually." Marcus speaks up while gripping my hand in his hold noticing me picking my fingers.

Leonix hums in reply, " Well then, why didn't you two grow up together?" He question's.

The moment we've been dreading ever since we've been separated.

"We Uhm.. Our mom-" I'm cut off when Marcus interferes stepping in and talking for me knowing it's hard.

" Our mom, separated us when we were younger. She took me and left Mariah with our father. Our mother never cared for Mariah. Always saying insults whenever she could. She didn't even get to have a normal childhood because of our mother. She had her traumatized,not even therapy helped." Is what he speaks. Not a single lie or stutter while he said it.

He grew past the situation. Maybe not fully, but he's healing. I'm proud.

I looked down at his and I's hand while playing with his fingers. I didn't like hearing people speak of it. Nothing with my mother made me feel safe.

"Oh, right. Well I'm sorry but Marcus I need you. You two can catch up later, I'm sure your shower has been running a while Mariah. We'll let you get to it."  Leonix speaks before grabbing Marcus out of my hold and walks down the hall with him.

I walk back in my room, to the bathroom. And in the shower.

It felt nice standing under steaming hot water, relaxing all my bones making me groan when i feel at ease.

OOOUUU IT'S GETTING GOOOOOOOD. WE MET MARCUS BUT IS ANYONE WONDERING WHAT HAPPEND TO MARCUS'S AND MARIAH'S MOM?? WE'LL SEE SOON. LOVE YOU GUYS STAY SAFE BABIES!!