Chapter twenty one

Leonix's pov:

There she is laying down in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

She got shot in the stomach, luckily it wasn't enough to kill her.

I sit on the chair reminiscing through my thoughts on how I am going to tell her that my men took Marcus to the hospital but he didn't make it.

Her brother.

Her own fucking brother, shot just right infront of her innocent eyes.

We've been at the hospital for almost a whole day now waiting for her to wake up.

Danika is laying by the bedside holding Mariah's cold hand.

Danika talk's to her like she can hear her ranting on about how she needs to wake up because Danika need's her.

I should've known the ball wouldn't have ended on a good note.

Considering all the mafias are all now freaking out about Mariah owning her own Mafia now.

She hasn't even been here a full year, and yet something inside of me sparks up whenever she's around.

The sound of the monitor beeping faster snaps me out of my thoughts.

A doctor rushes in pushing a button calling for more doctors.

"All of you need to wait in the hall now, I'll call you back in when she's ok" the blonde nurse say's while eyeing me down.

Gross

I always hated how every women I meet eyeballs me down like a plate of meat.

We wait in the hall for about 30 minutes until we are able to return back in the room.

The doctor turns to me and say's

"She's fine, she was just choking on the tube. She should be awake now. Oh and, here" she hands me a note and walks off.

I open the note to find a number written inside.

'Call me, you look like you could use a hookup' it read.

I toss it on the floor and walk over to where Mariah lay's.

The doctor said she might be a little out of it because the Anastasia they gave her to make her sleep and stuff.

"Hi you" she say's with a big teethly smile on her face.

Her button nose is the right size. Her eyes are beautiful. And just her in general.

Whattttt

"Hi Mariah, How are you feeling sweetheart?" I ask looking into her mesmerizing eyes.

She throws her hand up and says "Pfft, better now because you're here" not letting her smile fall off her face.

I nod and turn to sit back in my chair giving Danika time to speak to her.

As I am sitting in my chair scrolling through my phone mindlessly, I hear Mariah trying to whisper but fails miserably.

"Tell that dude on the chair he's cute" and she giggles.

I put my hand on the side of my face hiding it and I smirk.

•••
It's been a couple hours since Mariah awoke from her slumber, she has finally become clean of the Anastasia they gave her to numb the area so she isn't drowsy.

I haven't seen nor spoke to her since our last get together in the hospital room when she could finally have visitors a few hours ago.

I'm sitting here in the big meeting room explaining the orders of what I want done to the bastards who killed Marcus and wounded Mariah.

"I don't care I want them all DEAD, Did you not see what they did infront of her! He is dead because of them. So therefore, FUCKING KILL THEM ALL. Burn their damn house down, blow it up. I don't care just make sure their all dead,got it? And if you all come back and their still alive I'm fucking killing you all. So get this job done." I spit at the dumbfounded men seated around the meeting table.

Not one of them gets up to start their job like I said.

"Вставай и делай свою работу" I yell growing more and more furious.

Translate: get up and do your job.

Finally their chairs move and they rush out of the big room leaving me by myself.

I run my tattooed hand through my hair from frustration.

Today has been a hell of a lot crazier than I expected.

My shipment at the dock in California was stolen, Mariah's friend wanted to meet for dinner tonight but when I told her about Mariah she insisted she came here to Sicily and comforted her friend as she recovered.

The Millas, Also known as the British Mafia have been in hiding and on the run since they had their men do their little Game at the Ball.

Ethan did some research after the shoot out at the ball and found out the Millas were the ones who had Killed Marcus and put Mariah in a hospital bed.

Seeing Mariah laying there in that bed helpless made me feel a burst of sadness.

I don't know what it was, but I hope to god it isn't what ma had been telling me and Danika all these years.

FLASHBACK:

"Remember these word's as I speak my babies. When you find the one, the one you will grow feelings for, the one you'd take a bullet for, you will get a gut feeling. Your stomach will twist and turn, but don't push it away. The feeling in your stomach, mama calls it 'love bugs'. Other people refer to it as Butterflies, that is what you will witness when you find the one. The feeling in your gut is called your gut feeling. You must always follow what your gut tell's you, even if your afraid."

Danika jumps up in agreement. I on the other hand nod.

END FLASHBACK.

THANK YOU FOR 5K READS AND ALMOST 1K ON TIKTOK!! I AM BEYOND THANKFUL FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!! AGAIN DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW THE CHARACTER'S INSTAGRAMS
LEONIX: leonixpetrov
Mariah: Marsxpetrov
Book TIKTOK: lexlovesbookss

I LOVE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT!❤️❤️