Chapter fourteen

MARIAH'S POV:

The thought of my dad not coming back home for me sends waves of pain throughout my body.

How did this occur?

Who?

Where?

FLASHBACK

"Daddy loves you Mariah, to the moon and back. I will never let a thing such as a fly touch you. You will always be daddies little princess, even when you're not little. Now give me a kiss and I'll tuck you in goodnight."

I giggled throwing myself on the bed, reaching for my baby blanket I put it up near my face and lowered it back down before sitting up again and kissing daddies cheek.

"Goodnight daddy, I love you."  He smiles as the word's come out of my mouth, he bends down and places 5 large kisses on my forehead.

He always did that, he'd give me the same amount of forehead kisses equal to my age.

"Goodnight princess, sweet dreams don't let the bed bug's bite" he chuckled tucking me in, before turning on my lava lamp to provide some type of light form.

End flashback

I'm snapped out of my deep thoughts when Marcus barges in my room with his face as red as a tomato as if he's been crying or angry all day.

He closed the door and rushed to my side hugging me securely, I broke out in sob's.

"I'm sorry Mar's, I'm so sorry. I really tried I really did. There was no more I could do." He say's wiping the tears off my face.

"I-I just..." I try to speak but the broken sob's trouble me.

"Shh, it's okay. Take your time. I know Mar's." He comforts me by rubbing my back with one hand, keeping the other placed behind my head.

"How?" I questioned after the sob's just slowly became slow tears. No sound. No whimper's. Nothing.

He pauses a minute before speaking back up.

"I can't. It's not my story to tell, Leonix or Ethan will have to tell you.  I don't know every detail as they do. They were there, I wasn't."

I nod in response wiping the damp tear's off of his cheek's.

"I'm sorry" he say's again.

I don't have the strength nor word's to speak so yet again, I nod.

He stands up placing a kiss on my cheek.

"If you need anything, and I mean anything Mariah. You come and talk to me about it. Unless it's about the recent situation." He tells me while looking in my eyes

I look away. I've never been one to hold eye contact. Not for anyone.

"I promise" I say agreeing to him and his statement.

He walks out through my door and closes it behind him.

I get up and grab the claw clip that Danika let me borrow which led to me keeping it instead.

I put my hair in a ponytail and got up, using my foot to lower my sweatpants back down to my ankles.

I walk out of my room and make my way to the kitchen.

As I'm entering there's a known yet unknown presence in the dark side of the kitchen at the table.

I look at the figure with furrowed brows, I brush it off and grab a m&m yogurt.

"I'm sorry." The voice I've grown to know so well speaks up.

"If I knew he was your only parent left I wouldn't have done what I have did. I'm sorry. And I'm not one to apologize so you're lucky I'm doing this right now." He spoke up again.

"Why? I mean, why did you do it?" I speak up questioning him.

He gets up from the chair and makes his way over to my by the counter where I was sitting eating my yogurt.

"I did it because... Because I had to, in this world I was born in we were raised to show no mercy,no pain,we had to learn to fight for ourselves, we didn't know right from wrong. But now that I did it, I know and feel it was wrong of me." He speaks up as he's standing by the edge of the counter.

"But why, the reason Leo" I said waiting to be told more.

He looked down at the floor and spoke up "that's another story for another time my love."

My love

Why did it excite me that he called me 'My love'

I haven't known him for more than 3 almost 4 months now.

I can't.

He can't.

It can't be can it?

Oh but it was.

DOUBLE CHAPTER IN ONE DAY BECAUSE I FEEL BAD FOR NOT POSTING EARLIER WHEN I ORIGINALLY WAS SUPPOSED TO POST. ARE WE NEARING TOWARDS THE ROMANCE??😱😱 GET READY BABES BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE A ROCKY RIDE. ALSO I DONT KNOW IF I WANT TO MAKE THIS BOOK A SERIES BECAUSE I HAVE AN ENDING PLANNED OUT BUT I DONT WANT TO LEAVE IT AT THAT..