Chapter 23

Mariah's pov:

1 week after the beach trip..

I sit another bottle on the nightstand.

God I feel so dead.

Empty.

Unalive.

Unmotivated.

Drained.

There on the nightstand sat 4 bottles of whiskey.

2 bottles of Vodka.

And 3 bottles of Bacardi.

I haven't stopped.

I can't. It's almost impossible.

After last weeks adventure I've felt numb.

Like the sudden rush of Grief has finally ran over me.

I can't sleep,think,do things, without thinking of Marcus.

I tried talking to Danika about my problems but she's been training the newbies.

I have nobody.

Absolutely 0 people to talk to about my problems.

There's Faith, but Leonix still has my phone confinscated.

Knock knock

Seriously.

"Yep,coming,on it." I say throughout sip's.

I go to stand up but simply wobble my way back down.

"I'm coming in" a manly voice sounds through the door.

Suddenly the door clicks indicating it has now been opened.

Another sip.

And another.

I don't like to drink, I've never liked the taste and how the next day it gives you sickness and pounding headaches.

But it lets me forget about my problems.

"Y'know. He's still dead when you're done with that bottle." Leonix says while taking the bottles away from me.

I scoff.

"I just- I just want to forget. I want to feel normal again y'know? I feel dead, alone,scared." I say looking away.

Suddenly I feel a pair of muscular arms snaking around me,holding me close.

"Shh. Just relax, let me help you forget. I know what it's like to have someone taken away from you that was your best friend. I had the exact situation happen to me, and maybe someday I'll speak up about it." He say's holding me tight.

I lean back into his touch.

He makes me feel a sense of comfort.

I turn to face him.

Our eyes lock onto eachother's.

My breath hitches once i feel his hand on the back of my neck.

He leans down and, kisses me?

Not knowing what to do I kiss him back, melting under his touch.

Oh this is not good

Knock knock

I pull away and look away awkwardly.

"It's okay, I'm leaving anyway. I have a shipment to go check on and don't forget you have yours to check aswell Sweetheart." He states as he walks towards the door exiting.

Danika walks in with a water and some medicine.

"Heard you weren't feeling yourself so i got you some water and medicine for you to take tomorrow. Don't take them today because you've been drinking so you know." She say's while walking over to me for a hug.

•••

After Danika came in to comfort me and such I took a hour nap so its now about dinner time.

I quickly fix my hair and change into a short cropped white tee with a champion sports bra under and some black spandex shorts.

I walk down the steps and hear voices talking and dishes clanking.

I walk further down and into the dining room where everyone is seated.

Nobody pays any mind to me which makes me comfortable.

I sit down at the only open seat beside Danika and Leonix.

Leonix looks over at me before informing me.

"Faith said she'll be on her way here soon, she's landed at the airport and I'll have one of my men bring her."

I plaster a confused look on my face.

"I didn't know she was coming to Italy? When did this come up." I question.

He just shrugs and says "She wants to be here with you. Plus she said she's good at hacking and we need another hacker so?".

Great

I reply with a simple hum.

Returning my gaze back down at the plate placed in front of me I start eating.

And everyone continue's to chit chat.

"So, Mariah. Feeling any better?" Ethan asks.

I shake my head no in return.

My head feels like its spinning.

I feel like vomiting and I want to die.

"Not really. I don't want to talk about it, please?" I respond getting up from my seat and walking back to my room.

So if you dont follow my TikTok I have stated that Mariah will temporarily be going blonde until I find more brunette pics😭 don't be mad, please?