Chapter Nineteen

MARIAH'S POV:

TIME SKIP: 4 weeks.

"WAKE UP IT'S THE DAY, WE HAVE TO GET READY." Danika says shaking me in my bed trying to get me up.

I slap her arm making her stop shaking me.

"What's today again?" I say in that raspy morning voice everyone hates.

She sighs and waves her hands in the air.

"Mariah.. It's the day of the ball. Remember?" She replies with a annoyed voice.

I shake my head no. I do remember, I just don't want to attend.

Each year there's a ball that takes place at this big household. Every Mafia leader and they're family are to attend this ball. New to the business or not, it's basically forced upon you. I only felt like not going because Marcus won't be able to attend. He's still been in the hospital, the doctors said they had to run more tests and the results would come back in a short matter of time, yeah. That was a lie as it's been 4 Weeks.

"I'm going to take a shower, if you don't mind set my dress out and a pair of heels. You can pick them." I tell Danika before walking into the bathroom.

I lock the door and strip of my clothes, turning the knob to the hot setting making sure to not make it to hot.

Although I'd like to burn my skin right about now, I can't.

Hopefully the dress Danika picks won't reveal my scar's.

Ugly

Disgusting

Gosh I need to stop.

I grab the shampoo and lather my hair in it.

After rinsing my hair of shampoo I condition the ends.

Rinsing that out I step out of the shower after finishing everything I needed to.

I wrap myself in my towel and wrap my hair in a microfiber towel.

I walk out to see Danika putting a necklace and rings on my bed next to the dress.

Oh dear lord help me please.

"There. I hope you like it, Also Um.. not sure what you're going to do about underwear but uh yeah." She say's adding a little chuckle to the end walking out of my room.

I stare at the dress.

Crap.

It has a slit that would show my thigh all the way to my hip.

Maybe I can cover my scars with makeup?

I put the dress on after blow drying my hair.

A/N: Mariah's outfit and hair :)

After putting on my dress and curling my hair I still need to cover my scars.

Knock

Knock

Knock

Shit.

"Who is it?!" I call out to the person knocking on my door.

"It's me, Leonix." He calls out from the hall.

I sigh before closing my eyes and count to ten in my head trying to relax.

"Are you almost ready to head out? We're almost going to be late." He say's

I won't have enough time to cover them.

"Uh yeah! I'll be down in just a second." I reply back.

And then I hear his footsteps fade.

I grab the clutch I had picked and turned my lights off.

Closing my door behind me I wander to the staircase.

Great.

Everyone's waiting at the bottom, including an older looking lady. She looks like Leonix but as a women. Obviously.

I let my heel hit the first step and everyone stops talking only paying attention to me.

I don't like this.

Make it stop.

My palms start sweating and I feel queezy.

All the eyes on me but yet I only feel one powerful gaze.

I meet eyes with Leonix and make my way down the steps.

"Has everyone decided who their going with?" I ask out of curiosity.

They all stand there.

Blank expression's wash over their faces.

Ethan soon speaks up breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Uh, yeah. Danika is going with me, and you are going with. Well you're going with Leonix." He say's as he's scratching the back of his neck.

There I'm stood with a surprised look on my face.

I should have known, but I didn't.

I just nod and make my way to the door.

Leonix left to get in the Limo when Ethan was giving the plan.

This is going to be a fun night..

But oh how I was wrong.

Sorry for the late update my love's, I had to get teeth pulled and yeah. More updates coming soon! Also if you haven't already go follow the tiktok! Lexlovesbookss

- lex