Chap 34

Mariah:

"Dear leonix, I know this is such short notice but I really need a favor. Watch over Shayla for me? You're the only chance she has at a somewhat normal life, I can't provide her with a proper living space and such. Please Leonix, for me, for Shayla." Faith finishes reading the letter.

"Shit." Leo say's. I look at him confusedly and turn my gaze back to the road.

"Change of plan's Mariah. We have to go back home, leave the kid or take him which one?" Leo ask's.

"Leave him, I'll deal with him next time." I answer.

He nod's.

"Faith we'll be home soon, Ciao." Leo say's before hanging up. Then he calls Ethan back and tells him what just went down.

•••

Right now we're on the jet going back to Italy, Leo had to call his mother to come to the house when we land.

I still don't know who this Shayla girl is, I don't know if she's Leo's kid, or if they're related somehow. Everything is confusing me.

Ethan knows but says he can't say because it's not his story to tell. Danika obviously know's because she's paranoid that something happend.

Who just sends a little girl to someone's doorstep.

I shrug off that thought and lay my head in Leonix's lap, then I fall asleep with Leo playing with strand's of my hair.

1 hour later!

I wake up and we're still on the jet.  I look up and see Leo on the phone with someone. I nudge him gently making him look down at me.

"When are we getting home?" I ask a little above a whisper. He checks his watch quickly.

"Another more hour, baby." He say's. I nod and allow him to get back to his phone call, I sit up see that Ethan has a bowl of fruit. I steal a few strawberries and grape's.

"Hey!" He say's with an angry expression while eating a piece of cantaloupe.

I scrunch my nose is disgust, he does the same thing and that make's is both giggle.

"Cantaloupe is nasty, how do you like it!" I ask pointing at his bowl. He shrug's.

"Just good to me I guess." He answer's. I lean back in my chair while finishing off the last few grape's I have. I open the jet's window and look out at the sky. The sun was setting making it the perfect shade of orange and pink.

I quickly grab my phone and snap a few pictures of the sky and observe the sky some more before putting my phone down.

Leo hang's up with the person on the phone and set's his phone down and sigh's rubbing his temples.

"What's wrong Darling?" I ask turning to face him. He looks up at me and answers.

"Nothing, just that I can't get ahold of someone who use to care for this child that magically showed up on our doorstep. If I can't find anyone I don't know what to do with her, I can't raise a kid." He say's in a worried manor.

I nod.

"Listen, if we can't find the person who left her there. I promise I will help take care of her, I'm amazing with kids and I'll bet she'll like me." I say leaning my head on his shoulder.

He nod's giving a light smile.

"What were you doing when you had your phone?" He ask's. I grab my phone and show him the pictures of the sky.

"This!" I say excitedly.

He chuckles.

"You should be a photographer, you're very good at getting great pictures." He say's nudging me gently.