Chapter twenty

MARIAH'S POV:

Looking out of the window of the Limo as we pull into the parking lot I see a lot of people.

Who knew this many people ran Mafias.

The door to my left opens and the driver who I now know as James is waving for us to get out.

Ethan and Danika exit first leaving Leonix and I to get out last.

Leonix's eyes meet mine before he speaks.

"Don't say a word to anybody, nobody here is to be trusted 100 percent do you hear me?" He orders and I reply with a 'Yes'.

He gets out and once he does he holds out his hand for me to take but I hesitantly do anyways.

Turning around to make sure my dress is fully out of the door before we make our way up to the entrance way.

"Stay calm,keep your head held high and don't show fear. They'll drag you and your company down like an army of Zombies." Ethan speaks from behind us.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment,opening them back up just in time as our names are called.

"Leonix Petrov, Leader of the Russian mafia. And Mariah Rossi, Newly leader of Italian mafia." The announcer speaks as we make our way down the staircase entering the giant building.

I take a glance around before Leonix drags me along with him so he can speak with someone.

As we're making our way over to the other man and the blonde that was looking at Leonix like he was a whole meal.

A man passed by with a tray of drinks, Leonix grabbed two. One for him, and for me.

"Remember, no fear. If you want to leave for any reason at all, tell me immediately and we'll leave." He speaks and I nod.

We stood in front of the man and the mysterious blonde.  At first I'm assuming he didn't notice we were present but as soon as he faced us his eyes traveled my figure taking in my appearance.

I secretly inch closer to Leonix's side, turn to face away and sip on my drink.

I think Leonix had noticed because he had tightened his hold on me.

"Ah, Petrov. How are you man? Got a new lady friend I see, she's a pretty little thing." The man speaks making me turn to look at him.

I stare at him and show no interest whatsoever.

Leonix turns to look at me, turning his head back in the man's direction speaking.

"I'm good Gonzalez, How are you? And, she's not just a lady friend. She's my fiancé."

As soon as he says that I can already feel my face go beat red.

I turn away once again sipping on my drink.

Only this time I see my brother entering through the door of the building.

I turn back to Leonix and tug on his arm but he doesn't get the hint.

I look back at the door but he's gone. Just like that he's not there anymore.

Why is he here?

He's supposed to be on bed rest is he not?

Soon enough I see Ethan and Danika making their way over to us with weird looks on their faces.

"Uh, excuse me. We just need to borrow them for a quick minute" Danika speaks giving a polite smile to the man known as Gonzalez.

He nods in return and walks off with the blonde.

Danika and Ethan pull Leonix and I around the corner of the wall entering a room.