Chapter sixteen

MARIAH'S POV

It's been exactly 3 weeks since I broke down infront of Leonix.

The thought of him seeing me like that angered me.

I didn't want anyone to see me like that, ever.

If it meant I had to hide my emotions, that's exactly what I'd be doing from now on.

I ran my fingers through my hair washing the soap suds out completely.

I conditioned my hair and got out of the shower wrapping myself in my towel.

I walked out to my closet picking out an outfit for today.

Mariah's fit^

After I put in my clothes not bothering to put my shoes on because I wasn't going out.

I walked down stairs into the kitchen and grabbed a package of Reese's cups.

I made my way over to the couch and sat down scrolling on Netflix to find something interesting to watch.

I heard steps coming down the stairs but I didn't care who it was.

After the event of me breaking down I didn't talk to anyone and kept to myself.

"Oh hey Mars" Marcus say's and I just wave at him not using my words.

He gives me a confused look before remembering.

"Still not talking huh, you have to talk about it at some point" he informs me.

I shook my head no pulling my legs on the couch getting comfortable.

"Whatever, ever since 3 weeks ago your attitude is unbearable. You need to fix it, just because you broke down doesn't mean you block everyone out y'know. You're not the only one with problems going on in your life." He spoke.

That's it.

I got off the couch throwing my candy on the table and walking over to him.

"You don't get to pick and choose what I do Marcus. And further more I never said I was the only person who had issues. It's absolutely none of your business what I do with my life. If I want to block everyone out, I WILL. If I want to kill people, I WILL. Hell, if I want to take over father's mafia, I WILL. BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE A SAY IN THE SHIT I DO MARCUS." I confidently said to his face.

"Don't give me that Bullshit Mariah, You can't Lead a mafia. It's to difficult for you, if it was difficult for father, it's difficult for you." He shot back.

I looked up at him and opened my mouth.

"Watch me bitch, I'll show you just how much I can manage to do. AND ILL DO IT ON MY GODDAMN OWN. You wanna know why I'll do it in my own? Because that's all I've ever been doing for the past how many years. I've been supporting MYSELF. NOBODY WAS EVER THERE TO WATCH ME DO THE THINGS I LOVED. Mom took you and ran from us. From me. She took my BEST FRIEND and didn't think twice. She never came back. EVER. And you have the guts to say I don't have what it takes to run a Mafia? Screw you." I spat back.

"What the hell is going on down here people!!" Ethan yells while coming up from the basement.

I looked over and pointed to Marcus.

"Him, he's my fucking problem. Why don't you fill him in on what you just told me dear old brother." I stated.

Ethan made a confused face but Marcus didn't dare speak up.

"Too shy to talk now are we? I'll do the talking then.  My dear brother say's I don't have what it takes to run a Mafia, My father's mafia to be precise.  So, how do I become the Leader of it. I want to do it so don't question me" I told Ethan

He looked over at Marcus and back at me.

"Leonix's office. He'll tell you everything you need to know. You'll need be trained so Danika,Leonix,and me will be helping you out. You'll also need to learn different languages, how many do you know so far?" He ask's.

"2, 3 if you count English. Italian,and Spanish." I said.

"Okay, I'll start teaching you Tomorrow evening. It's a hard thing to keep up with Mariah, I just hope you're prepared Darling." He said while walking back up the steps.

I walked back to my room and watched Netflix up there, shortly after falling asleep.

OH MY DEAREST MARIAH.. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE GUYS I KNOW WHAT IM DOING😭 THANK YOU SM FOR ALMOST 2K READS!!