Chapter 4- A Shopping trip.

_________

I rush out hearing Tony call after me my heart breaking with every step I take.

Every move you make...

Not the time Fae.

"Matty?" I ask in surprise trying to hide the shakiness in my voice and the fact I was rushing out of the ballroom. I see him standing with a cane and glasses which he wasn't wearing when we came in.

He turns to me and smiles offering his arm "ready?" he asks and I nod taking it "your acting blind?" I whisper in surprise "acting?" he says in amusement "I'm not acting... I am blind" he says making me frown confused "why are you are upset?"  he asks before I could think of questioning him on it.

"I'm not-"

"I don't like liars" he says moving quickly as someone drops their handbag.

His cane moves swiftly catching the bag before it could hit the floor "oh thank you!" the lady says in complete surprise "your welcome" Matty smiles as she takes the bag off.

"Lets go" Matty then walks us out quickly as possible as people begin to look at us "and I am a liar? You weren't using a cane when we meet" I point out making his smile turn smirk "I don't usually need it but it's better to look vulnerable to trick those who think they can cross us. Now your turn why are you lying what happened?"

"I am not a liar" I answer instead as we make it to the bottom of the steps.

"No? you lied to your brother about Kyle meeting you and about walking you home too-"

"They are harmless lies" I say in a huff knowing he hadn't told Cedric yet if not Cedric would have killed me by now but how did he know? "harmless until you get yourself hurt"

"Did one of you follow me?" I ask angrily but this makes him chuckle as if what I said is absurd "we would not stalk you and you shouldn't lie to him or us you are family now so we want you safe"

"Want to or feel like you have to? Just because you are my brother's soulmate does not mean you all need to act like you care"

He laughs again at this as if I said a joke but replies anyway "If you meet a mate who had family would you not automatically care for their wellbeing too?" he asks and I almost pause thinking back to that girl I had crashed into.

I wished I could have made sure she was okay before running off like that as I have been feeling guilty since.

But I would feel guilty about crashing into anyone especially a kid.

Instead of replying I keep quite trying to read him.  

I have barely known them for more than a day and already they want me to open up and trust them.

Just because we are going to be stuck in each other's lives from now on does not mean I would trust them.

I never trust people fully and these guys will have a long way to go. 

Best not to trust and get hurt later on.

"So tell me what happened that has been making your heart go rapid like that since you rushed out of the ballroom?" he asks pulling me out of my thoughts but before I can think of an excuse we both pause as we hear Wade's voice.

"I don't care! the egg came before the dinosaur!" he shouts.

"I told you it's the egg and the chicken! And technically one can't co-exist without the other!" Ethan shouts back.

"My poor head" Jack complains in the car "well I am team egg as dinosaurs were laying eggs way before chickens came" Cedric adds in making Matthew chuckle getting everyone's attention.