Chapter 28.2- A Different Perspective

Today I found out someone has reuploaded 11 soulmates and just changed the way it's written but has stolen the names, the plot and story! Please don't steal my work even though it is a fanfic I still spend hours upon hours writing chapters!

Warnings- A dark grey cast. Honestly just mayhem.  Not edited.

_______________

In the tower-

"I told you it was a bad idea" Rhodey sighs looking through article after article. Every news station was concentrating on the last 24 hours. Fae's face is in every newspaper or magazine as more things started coming out about her as the internet was in a frenzy trying to find out more about the mysterious girl.

Happy spent all morning running around the city trying to buy all magazines and newspapers that he could under the ask from Tony but the city is large and the job impossible.

Guards who worked at the tower are in a panic trying to buy what they can to get her face off the streets but only so much can be done with the internet posting each article and each gossip blog reaching new heights as thousands of new columns have opened online trying to undercover everyone's questions.

Who is the girl in the hospital gown?

Why has more than half the team left?

What happened to Tony Stark during the live announcement?

Who is Angel?

Ever since the announcement yesterday, the tower's PR team has been trying to do damage control but it was too late.

"They have smashed up her center! what the hell were you thinking?!" Pepper snaps at Tony as she walks into the main living room. Stress is evident on her face but Tony could feel the worry and sadness from her mark.

She throws done the newspaper at Tony's feet as she huffs at the state of him. She had just got back from taking Morgan to Hopes for a few days needing her to be away from all of this.

"Her center has been smashed up?" Tony asks his voice breaking as he grips his hair closing his eyes as he curls himself in his back against the bar.

He couldn't stop his mind from racing as fear bubbled in his chest.

'She will never forgive me'

'You're useless'

'I expected more from a Stark'

'I wish you weren't my son'

'I will never be proud of you'

"No one has found her yet?" Rhodey asks Pepper who sighs looking over Tony in the corner of her eye but as soon as he looks up feeling her stare she looks away ignoring his pleading.

Empty bottles lay around Tony as he sat on the floor with his back to the bar as smashed glass around and under him. Tony knowing this didn't care as he sat in just a shirt and boxes. Rhodey had been with him all night trying to talk him into getting up but Tony refused keeping his eyes on Angel's mark. Fear turned him to the bottles that were then unfrozen as he stayed up all night flinching every time he thought it was slowly disappearing.

"It's still there" Rhodey sighs seeing Tony stare back down at the mark unwilling to not check on it every few minutes in fear it would go. Tony nods slowly rubbing against the wing on his thigh that stilled lingered on the other one he felt being burnt off him during the announcement yesterday.

He hated himself as he remembered pushing her away the day before cursing inwardly at himself as he could no longer feel the connection.

The connection that was left is barely holding onto a string and that terrified him.