Chapter 5- A Night Out

_________

"Finally your back I was about to come looking for you" Cedric says making tea as I jump down "there are bounty hunters after us!" I get straight to the point and the candles in the room flicker "what?" he asks looking me over in a panic "did something happen?" he asks rushing over to look me over.

"I'm okay I wasn't caught it's someone came to warn me-" I explain and he sighs in relief stepping back he goes back to the tea "someone warned you?" he asks and I frown "are you listening to me? I just said we could be in trouble and you are making tea?"

"I already know about them" he sighs adding in milk and I pause confused.

"You knew?" I ask throwing the paper down between us on the counter "I knew they were close but it doesn't matter my mates have been watching out for us-"

"Wait you knew bounty hunters are looking for us and you didn't think telling me would matter?!" I ask "we are supposed to be a team!"

"I didn't want you to worry if I could help it! The phone has a tracker in it and they have been hunting down the hunters!"

I huff at that "they are the ones who got us in this mess in the first place or did you forget that? You should have told me! what happened to telling each other everything?" I ask and he sighs at that. 

"They are part of this team now I trust them-" he says making me my jaw clench.

That's how it will always be from now on.. 

There is no more us against the world anymore.

He must have read my face as his softens "Fae I didn't mean it like that-"

"You have barely known them two days and already-"

Already they have put a wedge between us.

"It's not like that" he says "you are my family of course it's still us against the world Fae-"

"Don't lie to me" I snap feeling myself getting upset "Fae" he says worriedly "not telling me something is one thing but lying is another Cedric"

He looks away at this "I was going to talk to you once you got home Fae" he says and I frown.

Why was he avoiding eye contact?

"I think we should take up the offer to move in with them. Their place is huge, secure and you could finally live in a home which has heating, electric, warm water-"

"Don't make this about me when you want to move in with them just because of the bond"

"Fae it's both they want us safe-"

"No they want you safe they put up with me because I am your sister"

"That is part of it yes but they like you Fae. They even thought we could speak to Stark to figure things out-"

"Because its easier to get rid of me off to my mates the first chance they get"

"Fae! Don't speak of them like that! Do you really think I would leave you just like that?" he shouts angrily making me scoff "You know what? You go! I can see you want to but I won't be! Go be with your new team that you trust so much!"

"You're being ridiculous!" he shouts.

"Me?! Your the one talking about moving in with strangers that got us into this mess to begin with! Tell me did they tell you the danger when they gave us the job to begin with?"

"No-"

"Exactly! They only care now because of the mark!"

"We will be moving in with them after a week and that's final! It's safer and it will be better for you- Fae!" he shouts as I freeze the hot cup of tea in front of him.