Chapter 39- Run Rabbit Run

Warnings- Toxic and Abusive relationships, mentions and threats of hurting a child, animal violence, mentions of previous SA. This book is mature for a reason guys! Please respect the age ratings and beware of the warnings. Some scenes may be triggering just be aware please.

________________________________

I couldn't sleep.

Before going to bed I checked on Morgan needing confirmation she was okay and Seth in his own words 'allowed me'

He had created a girl's room everything any child would want was in her room. I had observed her as she slept looking to make sure she was okay... but how could she be?

She was unaware of the danger of who lurked over my shoulder as I tucked her in and as he brought me back into his room I couldn't rest.

The fear of the nightmare happening again kept me awake even as Cedric slept his arms around me in a tight grip making it hard to breathe.

His arms burnt more than the chains making me almost wish I was back but the reminders of Pepper's screams kept me from making it.

Her pleading eyes kept me from closing mine.

How could I face her?

"Your thoughts are loud" he grumbles making me flinch and that makes him sigh before moving so swiftly I barely have time to react as he leans over me.

Memories of him in our past begin to make me panic my body trying to shift as he frowns.

"You wouldn't think-"

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask "It never stopped you back then"

He huffs at that "I never forced you-"

"Didn't you?" I spit in disbelief at the horror in his eyes his surprise making me angry.

"You told me I wanted to even when you knew I didn't! I never wanted to be with you" I spit watching his eyes glower "you loved me" he states sounding sure that I scoff.

"I can't control it but I'm trying to be better-"

"I never loved you and never will" I say holding his gaze needing him to hear it "you can blackmail me to stay here all you want but you will never have me not truly"

"It will happen" he says dismissively yet I could see the effect my words had on him as his fists tighten at the side of my head but I wasn't done.

"And you never loved me if you did you wouldn't have done any of it- you wouldn't be doing what you are doing now"

"I am doing this because you can't see it!" he snaps his hands hitting the below beside my head making me jerk as his chest heaves heavily the space between us closing but I back my heavy breathes letting the burn sit in my chest that his eyes travel down to with a gutt twisting look.

"It doesn't matter not anymore" he says making me frown as his eyes go travel across my chest but before I can ask what the fuck he thinks he is doing his hand quickly pulls down the hem of my dress.

"What the fuck-" I gasp the heaviness of my chest escaping as my eyes widen when I see something there.

"No" I whisper panic setting in as confusion to what that means.

What is that?

My body alights as I try to push him off but he just grins his fingers traveling down from my neck down past the dog tags to the place the other pedant sat last night.

"I was worried since you didn't sleep so I thought it might not activate last night" he admits his touch tingling much more powerful than my own soulmate's marks.