Chapter 42- The City of Flowers

Warnings- Mentions of death, gore, trauma, child endangerment, PTSD, Wade, and going into the 15 soulmate guys!

12K so is a long one! Please beware I had time only to edit the first half so half the page downwards is unedited! (I'll come back)

_____________________________________________

Water swishes against my skin but despite the violence in the waves I breathe in the fresh air staying on my back.

I neither feared nor was happy to be here.

The space was nullified almost like a tranquil void as I feel like I was waiting but for what I am unsure. I lay amongst the water half expecting Seth to come back and drag me under to live forever drowning yet that doesn't happen.

I was in limbo unable to decide whether to try and swim or to continue to let the waves take me so I stayed.

I don't know how long I have been here or for how long I plan to stay. All I knew was that something was coming but not what.

I could feel it and yet I am unsure whether it will come from above or below.

Did it matter?

"Fae?" a gentle voice calls making me sit up the water not agreeing as my heart beats with the quickening of the water my feet disappearing under the water it no longer holding me up.

"Fae?" her voice calls again and it's then I see her my eyes widen as the water begins to spin around me slinging me back against the current but I catch a glimpse of her.

"Mum!" I call her looking no different from the lady in Cedric's memories.

"Fae!" she calls lost looking out into the waves but I follow the repeat in my name cursing and crying against the waves but I push forward needing to see her.

Needing the chance to meet her just once.

"Mum!" I scream when a wave washes over me rolling me under making me almost cry in the water but I fight it not letting it keep me under.

I push upwards kicking my legs hard wondering if I swam the wrong way until I feel neither cold nor warm air inhale into my lungs.

Breathing out I expect another wave but stop as warm arms lift me from the water sudden light shining over me.

When my vision finally comes to the water is long gone the ground instead now warm with sun and for a second I hope I'm back in the dreamland just to see Loki a last time.

"Fae" a different voice whispers and I turn to see a beautiful lady dressed in blue her eyes piercing through mine as she smiles I notice three men standing behind her.

The first is a tall man who could easily rival Loki's height with blue piercing eyes his gaze looking me over with sentiment.

Despite never knowing him I knew.

"Dad?" I whisper in question and he smiles sadly nodding.

Next to him stood an equally tall man his hair red as his eyes as he grins his personality came out more than my dad's but I recognized his facial features the shape of his face looking like Cedrics.

And finally at the end was the man in Cedric's memories the human mate to my mother and the man who tried saving us in his final moments.

"I died didn't I?" I ask in a small tone wishing the pain of regret wasn't there and yet it was knowing I wasn't ready.