Chapter 36- The Ball Part 2

Hi guys not as long as normal but I have been ill for over a month and my writing has been suffering for it so please mind mistakes!

Warnings- This chapter will be going into my future book 15 Soulmates!  I promise things will all make sense soon just bare with me! Mistakes and swearing! Mentions of 11 and 6 soulmates.

______________________

"Tony" Strange says forcing a smile on his face as he pulls me back but Tony's head tilts something shifting in the air at his arrival.

What the-

"Still mad angel? I thought I would go back and get the mask so we could dance just like how we met-"

"Leave" Stephen growls lowly making the hair on the back of my hair stand as Tony's smile changes in the blink of an eye his normal smugness turning almost sinister making my stomach twist.

It's then I see his beard thicker, his short hair longer as a scar travels from his chin to under his masks hiding the end "I could but then you might not get poor Pepper and Morgan back... the darker Strange has no care for children" he fake pouts making my stomach drop as his eyes turn to me "what do you think Fae? Is their lives worth denying a dance with me?" he asks and I feel Stephen stiffen behind me as Tony offers his hand out making me swallow.

I go to reach for it but Stephen's hand stops me quickly grabbing my hand.

"No-"

"Strange" I whisper not taking my eyes off Tony scared something will attack if I look elsewhere.

Whoever this man in front of us he wasn't our soulmate but I couldn't risk Pepper and Morgan's lives.

"It's a dance everyone is here" I say trying to hide the chills rushing through me as Tony's eyes watch me in a fatal stake the words unspoken making alarms ring over me.

"Yes you should listen to the little fairy" Tony smirks making my stomach sink as his words cause Seth's touch to crawl over me once again making me want to bolt.

Stephen steps towards him but I move first placing my hand on his chest and stopping him "go" I say pleadingly and he looks at me conflicted fear in his gaze as he looks back to Tony and then back to me.

His eyes fighting in what to do.

"I'll be okay" I say moving my other hand to Tony's hand despite fear screaming in me.

The other Tony doesn't waste the opportunity to take my hand pulling me and Strange slowly lets me go cursing under his breath as Tony takes me further into the dance floor. As I look back I see Stephen frozen to the floor his eyes watching in dread.

The 'other Tony' I decided to call him pulls me towards the center of the floor his touch making me shiver as I feel no electricity or warmth from his touch.

I fight my feet to follow him forcing each step when he stops right under the chandelier in the middle of the dancers.

"What do you want?" I ask as the next song begins he places his hand on my waist his grip causing my breath to hitch "you need not worry I promise to be gentle" he winks feeling my shudder at his touch.

I force my hands to his shoulders before letting him lead cursing when he spins me to him making me land on his chest before spinning me once again my mind instantly going to the baby.

"You didn't answer my question" I say trying to end this quickly but it only causes him to snort "well it's a loaded question fairy"

"You're working with Seth aren't you?" I ask instead seeing his eyes sparkle at that "would it make you shiver even more if I told you we are?"