Chapter 40- A Trigger

Warnings- Trigger warnings! Threats of harm to a child! Death threats, death, gore, forced kissing, mentions of past SA!, abusive relationships! Please beware that this chapter will be triggering all around!

Mentions of 6 soulmates, Jessica Jones, and what is to come in 15 soulmates! Also one more chapter after this!

__________________

"Father" Seth breathes making me try and step back but the wood pierces harsher into my spine making me gasp.

That causes both pairs of eyes to turn but my sight remains on one.

"Your-" I say my body beginning to shake at finally meeting him.

He hadn't changed.

Adrenaline rushes through me with mixed emotions as I wait for him to say his name needing him to confirm it.

"I'm Kilgrave" he grins his eyes not shy as they search me over before stepping closer and reaching out without care making me shake harder.

"It is a pleasure to meet you my son has written of you often-"

"Don't fucking touch me" I spit fighting to keep my feet on the ground as my nails dig into my palm wanting to kill him.

The man whose DNA runs through Seth's body.

Killgrave..

The last I heard he was put in the Raft after he commanded a whole police station to shoot themselves after Jessica Jones had turned him down.

It was after that they figured he was responsible for over 300 suicides just in New York alone.

My eyes turn to the only other person in the room making my jaw tense with revulsion.

Seth had killed Jessica's mate's younger brother and took over his body -

"Don't look at me like that baby" Seth says seeing my body tremble in realization.

Both his father and him have tortured her and she doesn't even know it...

Did Seth do it on purpose or was it just icing on the cake that Jessica's soulmate's younger brother happened to walk past that day?

"Did you know?" I ask almost losing it but he just raises his eyebrow at my question daring me to snarl.

"Oh I see" Kilgrave says with an amused hum "she is friends with Jones-"

"Don't you dare speak her name!" I flip launching myself towards him but Seth's arms wrap around me hauling me back as I watch Kilgrave laugh.

"Your letters were right she is so feisty" he pipes mockingly before his face switches his eyes narrowing at his next words "you should be welcoming to your father in law to be"

"And you should let me wring your neck you sick fuck-"

"Your commands can't work on her because of the bracelet" Seth tries to explain "only my powers are able to get through it-"

"The moment Seth turns his back ill fucking kill you!" I cut him off swinging my whole body towards him again but Seth tightens his hold his feet skidding across the floor before he gets he manages to get his heel down.

"For fuck sake! Stop!" Seth curses making my body instantly drop backward forcing me to lean on him my body whacking into his chest in the fall.

"Good girl" he says making my stomach twist my body twitches trying to break against his command yet I can't budge my back keeping against him.