Chapter 23- A Civil War Mark 2

Thank you all so much for commenting on my last chapter! I have been feeling a little insecure about my writing so thank you honestly <3

I wrote this chapter having one eye completely covered so if more mistakes than normal that's why!

_________________________

"You call me" Logan says giving me a stern look and I nod not meeting his eyes as we stop outside the door "I will see you inside Angel" Tony says giving my shoulder a squeeze before walking off ahead inside the large cabin.

"Come here" Logan says pulling me in for another hug so I wrap my arms around him smelling in his familiar scent "it doesn't feel real" he mumbles into my hair and I nod into his chest agreeing.

It really didn't.

I have thought of this moment for as long as I can remember picturing it differently every time.  

I had countless nightmares about their reactions to finding out the reason behind the fire but to find out Seth had been alive this whole time had me on edge.

 The fact he didn't die in that fire twists my stomach in the knowledge that we could have told them... all this time we could have been with our family but did it really matter?

Tomorrow I have to kill that man on that mission taking a life which is something we both promised Charles once upon a time we would never do.

*

'Taking a life will haunt you til the day you die' Charles said moving a chest piece against me as I make another move Cedric sat on the windowsill in the room reading up on the history of mutants and what now existed.

The term mutants was once shunned from society but Charles and the team have found ways to get them accepted.

Help them find their place in the world but as much as Cedric and I try and find our own we always knew we were different from other students from the academy.

Logan had once even said our genes are different but what we are he wasn't sure.

'I mean it' Charles says strictly noticing we were just only half listening something we did when both were deep in thought.

'Both of you no matter the reason you must promise me to never take a life or less it's the last option available' he says making his next move.

'I promise' both me and Cedric say at the same time both of us way too young to understand the pleading in his tone as I smirk placing my next move.

'Checkmate'

*

"Don't worry about Seth I am going to make him pay for everything" Logan says pulling me out of the memory.

Logan's eyes hold the same determination that they used to back then when he always promised to keep us and everyone safe.

"Just make sure to stay safe until I find him alright? If you need me you have my number so call" he says as I pull back I nod "I mean it Fae call me for anything and remember I won't keep this a secret forever Charles need you guys the same as the rest of us" he says and I nod thinking of the place I once thought as my home "is he okay? Despite everything I mean..."

"He is fine despite looking older with each day not that he didn't already" he says giving me a tight-lip smile to hold back a chuckle as I scoff.

Charles stopped aging a while ago something he always teased Logan about as Logan grew older.