Chapter 31

Lisa looked at Minyhuk in shock, wondering what had happened to him all of a sudden.

If this was in the past, using the excuse of revision, Lisa would often look for Minyhuk.

Minyhuk would always put on a sour face, as if Lisa owed him a few million dollars.

Lisa would always pitifully follow him, not caring about his coldness toward her at all.

Now, Lisa was looking at him with a distant gaze. Minyhuk suddenly felt his heart tighten.

"What are you looking at!" Minyhuk tried to use his cold and hard voice to cover his momentary absent-mindedness.

Lisa did not understand. "You were the one who called me!"

Minyhuk coughed and then reminded, "Don't embarrass the elite class!"

Lisa did not understand what Minyhuk meant and looked at him blankly.

Taehyung looked at Minyhuk and then Lisa. He explained helplessly, "He wants you to do your best in the competition!"

Hearing Taehyung's explanation, Lisa naturally didn't believe him.

With Minyhuk's usual style, he wouldn't meddle in her business.

Moreover, Minyhuk would also participate in the competition. With him around, would the elite class be embarrassed?

Seeing Lisa's doubtful gaze, Taehyung quickly turned to ask Minyhuk, "Am I right?"

Minyhuk continued to stare at the book in his hand and ignored them.

The more Lisa thought about it, the more she felt that Minyhuk was implying something. It was very strange.

However, she no longer wanted to have anything to do with Minyhuk anymore. Since he was unwilling to talk about it, she did not ask further.

...

From that day onwards, Lisa began to make full use of her time in school to study.

It was also from that day onwards, Lisa spent less time with Jungkook.

Jungkook would occasionally see Lisa on the field or in the corridor. She always looked like she was desperately munching a book.

After the past few days of Lisa's brazen pestering, Jungkook had already got used to it.

During this time, without Lisa chattering by his side and her expectant gaze, Jungkook was not used to it.

"Hey! Watch out!" A scream came from the center of the field.

Jungkook looked up and saw a football flying out of the field at an extremely fast speed.

His gaze followed the football, and he realized that the target of the football was actually Lisa.

Jungkook was shocked and quickly rushed forward.

Just as he was only two steps away from Lisa, an arm reached out to Lisa and pulled her back.

The football heavily hit the railing on the side of Lisa's head with a bang.

Lisa was shocked and looked at the culprit who almost made her change her head.

Two boys ran over from the middle of the field and looked at Lisa apologetically. They bowed repeatedly and apologized, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!"

Lisa came back to her senses and slowly squeezed out a smile. "It's okay, it's okay! It's me who was careless!"

As she spoke, she felt a warm warmth coming from behind her, and her arm was still tightly held.

She turned around to look at her savior who had just saved her life, only to find Minyhuk staring at her from above.

Lisa had never thought that Minyhuk would actually save her.

She was stunned for a moment before saying "thank you".

Minyhuk did not seem to care about Lisa's gratitude. He only said coldly, "You're already ugly enough. If you get hurt again, you'll be even uglier!"

Minyhuk's words instantly made Lisa lose all her gratitude.

She subconsciously reached out to touch her forehead. "I'm sorry! I have made you ugly!"

Minyhuk pursed his lips, let go of Lisa's arm, and turned to leave.

He walked past Jungkook and pretended not to see him.

Jisoo ran over from afar and asked while panting, "Lis, are you okay?"

Lisa smiled and shook her head. "I'm fine! I was just frightened."

"That's good! I was scared to death just now!" Jisoo sighed and said, "Short legs really kill me!"

"However, I saw Jungkook running so fast just now, and I thought he would be the hero saving the damsel in distress!" As Jisoo said that, his gaze swept over Jungkook who had already turned to leave.

"He? How is that possible! He just happened to pass by!" Lisa shook her head in disbelief.

"That's true! That big clean freak of his, how could he risk his life for you!" Jisoo nodded in agreement.

"It's good that you're fine!" Jisoo said as she reached out her hand and knocked on Lisa's forehead. "In the future, please stay away from dangerous areas when reading!"

"Didn't teacher teach you not to read books while walking!" Jisoo warned solemnly.

Lisa immediately begged for mercy. "Teacher Chu is right! I will change right away!"

The two laughed and walked back to the classroom with each other.