Chapter 89

Thinking about Jennie and Uncle Cha, Lisa decided to ask Mother Kim what she thought.

"Mom, Jennie and Uncle Chen are engaged?" Lisa asked tentatively.

When Mother Kim heard this, her expression became a little ugly.

She sighed and said, "Jennie is also doing this for the Kim family..."

As she said this, Mother Kim felt a wave of emotion, and tears could not help but roll in her eyes.

Lisa looked at Mother Kim's expression and knew that she was feeling sorry for Jennie. Jennie's move was very clever.

Since she had attracted the Kim family's pity, they would not suspect that she had other thoughts.

Lisa looked at Mother Kim's sad expression and asked, "Why is she with Uncle Chen?"

Mother Kim wiped away the tears from the corner of her eyes and said, "It was your Uncle Chen who said that Nini looked like his late fiancée."

"He also said that he could help the Shen family overcome this crisis," Mother Kim continued, not noticing the change in Lisa's expression.

"Nini, she... she did it voluntarily," Mother Kim whimpered and cried.

Lisa looked at Mother Kim's sad look. She really didn't know if they really didn't realize the problem or if Jennie's acting was so good that they all believed her?

Lisa looked at Mother Kim's sad look and even thought it was funny. However, perhaps this was the relationship between mother and daughter?

After all, Mother Kim sincerely treated Jennie as her biological daughter!

Lisa suddenly felt a little pitiful. If she had been living in the Kim family all these years, would Mother Kim treat her the same?

All of this could only be imagined. Mother Kim and Lisa chatted for a long time, mostly about what Jennie had done for the Kim family.

Lisa was a little annoyed, but she did not know how to stop Mother Kim.

Fortunately, Jungkook appeared in time!

Jungkook came to the door of the ward and heard Mother Kim talking about how Jennie had spent a week preparing for her birthday party when she was young.

Jungkook looked through the window and saw Lisa's impatient expression. Lisa did not stop Mother Kim, she just listened quietly.

Jungkook pushed the door open and walked in. He greeted her, "Auntie Kim."

Mother Kim did not expect to see Jungkook, so she froze on the spot.

"You're here!" Lisa smiled sweetly and looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at Lisa's smile and froze on the spot.

Mother Kim walked forward and greeted Jungkook, "Jungkook, right? You're Lili's classmate! Thank you for visiting her!"

Seeing how polite Mother Kim was, Jungkook subconsciously moved the bag of things in his hand backward.

Lisa glanced at the bag of things and immediately felt that something was wrong.

Mother Kim chatted with Jungkook for a while, then took a call and left. Jungkook placed the bag in front of Lisa.

Lisa looked at Jungkook warily. "What is this? Could it be another exercise?"

Jungkook looked at Lisa's nervous look and felt that it was a little funny. He took out the thing in the bag and placed it in Lisa's hand.

Lisa looked at the thing and was a little surprised. "A cell phone?"

"En." Jungkook replied and said, "It's always inconvenient for you to be alone in the hospital."

"I'll give you this cell phone. Call me if there's anything," Jungkook said seriously.

Lisa opened the box and began to study the cell phone. This was the first time she had a cell phone.

Although she was the daughter of the Kim family, Lisa's status in the Kim family was obvious.

Moreover, Father Kim had clearly prohibited his children from using a cell phone before adulthood, for fear that they would delay their studies.

Lisa fiddled with the cell phone, but she still couldn't get the point. Jungkook looked at Lisa, and the corners of his mouth curled up slightly.

He walked to Lisa's side and naturally leaned against the bedside. He picked up the cell phone in Lisa's hand and demonstrated it to her.

This was the first time Jungkook had gotten so close to Lisa that Lisa could clearly feel Jungkook's body temperature. At that moment, Lisa subconsciously wanted to run away.

Although she had always been careless, whenever someone really wanted to get close to her, she would subconsciously avoid them.

This time, Jungkook's approach was too sudden, and Lisa did not have time to react. Jungkook seemed to sense Lisa's emotions and immediately put the phone back into her hand.

"Try it yourself!" Jungkook said as he guided Lisa to operate the phone.

All of a sudden, Lisa did not have the time to feel any more body heat. All her attention was on the phone.