Chapter 57

Lisa looked at Mother Kim and then Jennie.

"What? The whole family is mobilized early in the morning?" Lisa said and then looked at Mother Kim again.

Mother Kim hesitated for a moment and then looked at Jennie.

Jennie crossed her legs and leaned against the sofa. There was a hint of disdain in her eyes. "I heard that the matter about your engagement last time wasn't settled."

"Mom brought us here early this morning to ask for a definite answer from you," Jennie said, as if she was Mother Kim's spokesperson.

Lisa looked at Jennie and sneered. "What? It's your turn to decide my marriage?"

"No! Lili, you have misunderstood!" Mother Kim quickly explained.

"Nini cares about you," Mother Kim said as she stood up and walked to Lisa's side.

She held Lisa's hand and said, "The Kim family and the Lee family already have an engagement. Recently, it so happened..."

As Mother Kim said this, she paused for a moment and then said, "I saw that you and Minyhuk got along quite well, so I was thinking to quickly finalize the marriage!"

"You saw?" Lisa suddenly felt a little funny, "From spy?"

"Lisa, why are you talking in this manner!" Hanbin suddenly became angry, "Don't be so shameless!"

"If not? Why didn't I know that I and Minyhuk are getting along quite well?" Lisa snorted and asked.

"Moreover, I have never agreed to get engaged with him!" Lisa emphasized her position again.

"If you really need someone to represent the Kim family to get engaged with the Lee family, then I think Jennie is the most suitable candidate!" Lisa directly expressed her opinion.

"No!" Mino and Hanbin spoke in unison again.

Mino's gaze revealed dissatisfaction. He walked towards Lisa and stared at Lisa from top to bottom. "As a member of the Kim family, you should shoulder your responsibilities!"

Lisa suddenly found it funny. "Since when did the Kim family treat me as a member of the Kim family?"

"You!" Mino was a little anxious and did not know how to wake up Lisa's stubborn mind.

Lisa waited quietly, waiting for Mino's anger and waiting for the system to change her fate for her!

Mother Kim looked at Lisa and knew that she could not persuade her daughter no matter what. However, the Kim family needed to get married to the Lee family as soon as possible so that the Kim family could get through this difficult situation.

She could not tell any outsider about this. Other than her children, she did not tell anyone else.

Initially, Mother Kim had wanted Jennie to get engaged to Minyhuk instead of Lisa. After all, Jennie and Minyhuk were childhood sweethearts. They knew each other well and had a strong foundation in their relationship.

Moreover, before Lisa returned, everyone was certain that Minyhuk's engagement was with Jennie. However, now that Lisa was back, everything was different now!

Mother Kim took a deep breath and held Lisa's hand again. "Lili, listen to Mom..."

Lisa pulled Mother Kim's hand and said, "Mom, you listen to me first!"

Mother Kim frowned, but she knew that she couldn't force it.

She twitched the corner of her mouth and said, "Okay! You go first!"

Lisa took a deep breath and said, "Ever since I found out that Minyhuk and I were engaged, I had tried to get close to him."

"But, I think you all know the outcome." Lisa smiled bitterly.

"The truth is Minyhuk doesn't like me! The person he wants to get engaged to is definitely not me!" Lisa said firmly.

"So, Mom, no matter what the reason is for urging me to get engaged..." Lisa said firmly, "Getting me engaged to Minyhuk might be a backfire!"

Mother Kim frowned as she listened to Lisa. She thought about it carefully and realized that it might really have such an effect!

Suddenly, Mother Kim was a little uncertain. She turned her head to look at Mino.

Mino listened to Lisa's words and was also a little hesitant. He knew very well what this engagement meant to the Kim family.

However, as the eldest son of the Kim family, the Kim family's bloodline could not allow any mishaps to happen! Mino was about to say something when Hanbin walked over.

He said to Mother Kim and Mino, "Mom! Brother! I think Lisa Is right!"

"If Minyhuk really dislikes Lisa, then it's better not to get engaged!" Hanbin said seriously.

"Why don't we call off the engagement?" Hanbin suggested.

To Hanbin, the engagement was like a time bomb that could explode at any time.

And the person injured in the explosion might not be Lisa, but migh be Jennie! No matter what, Hanbin could not let such a thing happen!