Chapter 43

Lisa and Woojin sat in the dining room and looked at each other. Not long after, Mino and Hanbin also came back. When the two of them saw the two people sitting in the dining room, they couldn't help but feel a little strange.

Hanbin glared fiercely at Lisa and then asked Woojin, "Where are Mom and Jennie?"

"Sister Jennie said that she wasn't feeling well, so Mom accompanied her back to her room," Woojin answered truthfully.

Mino frowned when he heard this, but he didn't say anything.

He looked at Lisa and asked, "How are your preparations going?"

Lisa was still a little afraid of Mino. She answered honestly, "I've been working hard to prepare, so it should be alright."

"Alright?" Hanbin snorted, his tone full of disdain. "Her?"

"I can't be bothered to look at her! I'll go and see Jennie!" As Hanbin spoke, he stood up and left the dining room.

Seeing that Hanbin had left, Woojin pointed with his nose and said to Mino, "Sister Lisa is very powerful!"

"How do you know?" Mino looked at Woojin with an expression full of scrutiny.

Woojin shrunk his neck and said, "I asked her to help me solve a few questions just now. Her train of thought is very good!"

Mino turned to look at Lisa. Lisa did not dare to show her pride in front of Mino. She could only lower her head quietly.

"Go to my room later! I want to test you." Mino's tone did not allow Lisa to refuse.

Lisa looked at Mino with a wronged expression and then Woojin with a mournful expression. Woojin wanted to say something to save her, but he was also afraid of his eldest brother!

Just as Woojin was hesitating on how to save sister you without putting himself in a difficult situation, Mino's voice sent him straight to hell.

"You come over later, too." Mino stared at Woojin with bright eyes.

Woojin opened his mouth and wanted to ask for help, but there was nothing he could do now...

The three of them waited for a long time, but Mother Kim still didn't come down. Mino called the maid and ordered the dishes to be served, while he walked to Jennie's room.

Not long after, Mother Kim, Mino, and Hanbin appeared in the dining room again.

Mother Kim looked at Lisa apologetically. "Lili, sorry to have kept you waiting. Jennie was really..."

As Mother Kim spoke, she subconsciously paused.

A smile appeared on the corner of Lisa's lips. It could not be said whether it was a smile of tolerance or bitterness. "It's alright."

Lisa's understanding made Mother Kim feel a little guilty.

She sat back at the main seat and saw that the dishes had been served. She said, "Let's eat first."

Lisa nodded and sat quietly at her seat. She ate quietly.

After a meal, Lisa was extremely missing the days when she ate at the Jisoo's family home. She thought to herself with some resentment that she would never return to this family for dinner again!

Mother Kim gently wiped the corners of her mouth and signaled the servants to serve the after meal desserts.

At this time, Mother Kim started talking about the important matter of calling Lisa back.

"Lili, I heard that you and Minyhuk are classmates now?" Mother Kim said, her gaze fixed on Lisa's face.

When Lisa heard Minyhuk's name, she froze.

She turned to look at Mother Kim and nodded. "Yes! But I'm not familiar with him!"

Mother Kim nodded slightly, then said, "Do you know that the Kim family and the Lee family are engaged?"

Lisa frowned and wanted to say that she did not know, but this lie could not stop anything.

"I've heard of it..." Lisa answered honestly.

However, what she did not say was that she had not only heard of it, but had also been engaged to Minyhuk!

At that time, she had treated Minyhuk as the only person she could rely on in her life! Now that she thought about it, it was really laughable!

Mother Kim did not notice the change in Lisa's mood. She only said, "I want the two of you to finalize this marriage as soon as possible."

Lisa turned to look at Mother Kim and asked seriously, "If I didn't come back, how should this marriage be decided?"

Being asked in this manner, Mother Kim was a little hesitant. It was not that she had not thought about this question.

The two families had always believed that Minyhuk and Jennie were the real couple for more than 10 years. If Lisa didn't come back, then Jennie and Minyhuk would definitely be the ones who would be engaged!

But... the current situation...

Lisa looked at Mother Kim's struggling expression and suddenly felt a sense of hope.

She continued to try her best to persuade, "Jennie is also the daughter of the Kim family. I think she should be the one who should be engaged!"

When Hanbin heard this, he immediately raised both his hands to reject, "No!"

Mino also immediately said, "No!"

After the two of them finished speaking, they looked at each other. Hanbin naturally did not dare to say out the reason for his rejection and immediately shut up.

Mino's gaze swept over Lisa and then he looked at Mother Kim, "It should be engaged by Lisa! She is the true daughter of the Kim family!"

Mino's words caused everyone present to fall silent.

Jennie was standing by the corridor. When she heard these words, her hands were tightly clasped together.