Titanic 1996 Mini-Series Review

Warning: brief talk of sexual assault.

Excuse me, but you are making a Titanic movie and you have to depict the actual sinking itself, you know you more than likely can't add in every single Titanic passenger or crew member and you probably have to cut some people from the cast of characters....however....why the ACTUAL FUCK would you cut Thomas Andrews Jr.....you know THE DAMN PERSON WHO HELPED TO DESIGN TITANIC?!!! He's STILL so intertwined with this ship that almost every documentary or movie includes him. He's the reason why they did know what the damage was, he was on that damn sinking ship helping to evacuate passengers and convince people to get into lifeboats while they can and you just IGNORE him?!!! He deserves better then that.

And that's not the only problem. The soap opera crap really makes this movie a boring as hell thing to watch. I was literally just wanting to get this thing over with. And holy shit that opening is annoyingly long and so is the ending because they decided to not stop off after the Carpathia arrives. And speaking of ships, why the fuck did they decide to have Stanley Lord check out the messages in the wireless room at the same time that Phillips begins to send out messages? That never happened. At all. I know Stanley Lord is pretty much enemy 101 in the Titanic community but at least get the damn facts straight. A Night To Remember was better then this and that was made in 1958!!!!

Alice Cleaver being depicted as a mentally and emotionally unstable woman who has visions of a sinking ship is still a stupid and gross thing to do.

The Allison Family except for Lorraine is so fucking stupid in this thing that I was literally screaming for Bess to remember that she has a 2 children and that is just insulting.

William Murdoch always getting done dirty.

Can I find ONE Titanic movie where J Bruce Ismay isn't a villain in the slightest? Apparently not.

CQD doesn't mean Distress Come Quick or whatever the hell they trying to say.

Lifeboat 11, which is the boat that Alice Cleaver escaped in with baby Trevor had 70 people aboard.

They didn't even BOTHER to get lifeboat 11 right in the slightest. Not even a little bit. And that is just insulting. Almost as insulting as William Murdoch kiling someone and then himself IN FRONT OF OTHER OFFICERS and not depicting Thomas Andrews Jr.

The acting is atrocious.

Tim Curry can do so much better then this crap.

I'm calling horseshit that they just have people line up and discuss what boat they were going on while at the same time telling people to go the boat deck.

Unnecessary rape scene that does absolutely nothing but make Elsa give up her faith for one fucking night before she gets it back just because her lover survives. Oh and her mother or whoever she was sucked hard. Actually wait it does do something. It helps to development Olsa's love interest arc. So not only is it holy amounts if inaccurate (Titanic didn't have those type of sinks or showers at all. They had like 2 bathtubs and the cabins had sinks) but it adds asexual assault to a historical event where it never happened and THEN it used it to development a male character's arc. Do me a favor Hollywood? STOP USING THE SEXUAL ASSAULT OF WOMEN TO FURTHER A MAN'S DEVELOPMENT!!!!!!

They didn't even BOTHER to get into or show Collapsable A or B. They literally just showed Collapsable B floating upside and oops that's it.

Jack Phillips body was never found and he was never identified as being one of the 4 bodies on Carpathia. If ne was, I'm pretty damn sure he would have been identified. And he more than likely wasn't on Collapsable B at that. If he was, don't you think Harold Bride would have brought it up? You know Bride? HIS FRIEND? The person who once got pissy at Charles Lightoller over Phillips?!! Maybe even named one of his kids after him?!!!

Guys, just stick to Titanic (1953), A Night To Remember, and Titanic (1997). Titanic (1943) is a Nazi propaganda piece of shit that vilifies John Jacob Astor IV and J. Bruce Ismay and makes Captain Smith look like a incompetent hack and 2012 is boring as hell and just as fuck you worthy as this crap.