Anna Dyker

November 2nd, 1889 - January 19th, 1961

She is a Scorpio.

Anna Elizabeth Judith Dyker, née Andersson was born in Massachusetts to Carl August, a carpenter born in June 7th, 1848 at Åker, Sweden, and Matilda Johanna (nee Johansson; she was born on November 3rd, 1858 at Synnerby, Sweden) Andersson, who lived in Connecticut. Her parents had married around 1882 in Sweden and had come to the USA in 1888. There is a chance her parents were the Karl August Andersson and Mathilda Johanna Jonsdotter who had married on January 28th, 1883 at Hjortsberga, Kronobergs County, Sweden. Her known siblings were: Carl Oskar Arvid (August 31st, 1883 in Jönköping - September 3rd, 1883), Carl Gunnar Fritof "Fritz" (April 8th, 1885 in Jönköping Västra, Sweden), and Gustav William (October 6th, 1891 in Connecticut (or Massachusetts).

She was training to become a singer and was also giving music lessons and had attended Yale Music School. She was married around 1909 to Adolf Frderik Dyker (born 1888), a native of Stockholm who worked as a tram conductor. They lived in Washington Street, New Haven, Connecticut and appeared on the 1910 census living at the home of Anna's parents in Orange, New Haven. By late 1911 it is believed they were building their own house in New Haven but the death of Adolf's father on December 1st, 1911 compelled the couple to travel back to Sweden to settle his estate.

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
It was on their return from Sweden that they boarded the RMS Titanic at Southampton as 3rd class passengers. After the accident, Adolf placed Anna into a lifeboat, kissed her, and stepped aside.

Adolf died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.

After The Sinking/Later Life/Death:
From New York she sent a telegram to New Haven, "Liza saved, Fred lost". To ministry of foreign affairs in Stockholm, she wrote:

"I lost my husband and everything I owned, I was wounded when I was brought from Titanic, that together with sorrow and worries has completely broke me down. My health have not recovered, I have tried to done some work to earn my living, as I'm now living in my parents home and my father is old and cannot earn too much, I cannot fully be a burden to him, but my strength doesn't allow me to do further work."

Anna received $300 from "The Women's Relief Committee", New York. No papers on damage claims existed, but she sued White Star Line for $4000 for lost luggage and $14000 for the loss of Adolf. Anna continued as a music teacher, she remarried a few years later to John Alfred Josephson (born 1889), a clerk at Westin Electric. He was a native of Finland, and settled in New Haven, Connecticut. Anna and John had 2 sons: Kendall Alfred (June 13th, 1917 - June 7th, 1999) and John W. (August 9th, 1919). The family later resettled in East Orange, New Jersey sometime around 1930 and Anna was made a widow again when John died in 1937; she wasn't remarried and later lived in Fort Lee, Bergen, New Jersey for many years.

Anna spent the last 12 months of her life living at Seneca Place, New Haworth, Bergen, New Jersey. She died at her home on February 19th, 1961 at the age of 71 and was buried in Glendale Cemetery, Bloomfield, Essex, New Jersey with John.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Anna Dyker.