Anna Sofia Sjöblom

April 14th, 1894 - November 3rd, 1975

She is a Aries.

Anna Sofia Sjöblom was born in Finland to Gabriel Gustafsson Sjöblom, a woodworker (September 16th, 1862 at Oravals, Finland) and Johanna (née Nilsdotter; July 17th, 1867 at Munsala) Gustafsson. Her parents had married July 1st, 1890. She had a brother Andrew John (January 27th, 1904 in Finland - December 19th, 1979 in Tacoma), and a sister Katherina Johanna (January 3rd, 1897 - 1956).  Another brother, Daniel, was mentioned in the contemporary press, and there may have been other siblings as well. The family lived in Munsala, Nicolaistad, Vasa County, Finland and it's likely she and her siblings were born there.

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
She was travelling to her father, who had come to the USA in 1904 and who lived in Olympia, Washington. He was employed by Simpson Timber Company, where her uncle Daniel also worked. She probably travelled the same way as Jakob Alfred Johanson and Jakob Alfred and Karl Johan Wiklund. Jakob Wiklund was in the same class at school as her. They left Hangö on March 30th, 1912, however, none of them is on the passenger list for FÅA's Polaris which sailed from Hangö to Hull on April 3rd. The group were originally booked on the Adriatic but were transferred when their sailing was cancelled due to the coal strike, Anna didn't understand English, so Johanson who had spent a long time in North America helped for her and the Wiklund brothers during the trip.

She shared a 6-berth cabin on D-Deck with Velin Ōhman amongst others. April 14th, 1912 was Anna's 18th birthday and that night she lay fully clad to her bed when the collision occurred, but she didn't care too much since she had been seasick during the whole trip. When she tried to reach the boat deck together with another Finnish girl, they got lost and reached the 2nd class promenade on A-deck and had to climb a crew ladder that was near to the à la Carte restaurant and could see the laid tables through the windows. About 1:30 according to Anna she entered a lifeboat. All 3 of her companions died in the sinking.

After The Sinking/Later Life/Death:
After her arrival in New York, she was taken to the Lutheran, emigrated home, and went a week later by train to Olympia. For part of the trip, she travelled with Oscar Hedman, Berta Nilsson, and Carl Olof Jansson from Sweden. She was married to Anton Nils Peterson on October 7th, 1913, in Pierce County, Washington. She had 2 children with Anton; Evelyn Eleanor (August 9th, 1914 - 1999), and Harold William (April 14th, 1916). Her mother and brother came to the USA in 1915. She was divorced in 1920, living at South East Street in Tacoma, and was noted as a hotel seamstress.

She later married John Gordon Kinclaid, an electrician (March 12th, 1889 in Colorado) on July 18th, 1923, in King County, Washington. The 2 children didn't live with her in 1920 but they lived with her and and John in 1930. She became a widow on May 4th, 1954 and in 1956 moved to South Jefferson St. Olympia. She passed away on November 3rd, 1975 at the age of 81.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Anna Sofia Sjöblom.