Hypatia McLaren

May 4th, 1869 - February 21st, 1959

She is a Taurus.

Hypatia Draco was born at Clare Terrace on Marmaduke Street in Liverpool, Lancashire,  England as the eldest child of Emmanuel Pantoleon Draco (1836 - 1891) and Helene Marie Papayanni (1845 - 1899) who had married in Liverpool in the first half of 1867. Her father was born in Smyrna, Turkey and later settled in Liverpool where he ran a cotton trade partnership with a Mr. Pierre Mussabini. Her mother was born in Liverpool to a Turkish father and an English mother. She had 4 brothers: Pantololeon Emmanuel (1873 - 1941), George Emmanuel (1874 - 1946), Basilio Emmanuel (1875 - 1948), and Michael Constantine (1878 - 1929). Hypatia first appears on the 1871 census living with her family as a border at Lord Street, North Meols, Lancashire; her father's firm was threatened with liquidation in April of 1874 and proceedings were still underway in March the following year but it's not clear if the firm went bankrupt and her father would continue to be described as a cotton merchant on later census records.

The family returned to Liverpool by the time of the 1881 census, then living at Princes Road, Toxteth Park. The 1891 census would show Hypatia and her family living at Catherine Street, Liverpool and her father would die before the end of the year followed by her mother in 1899. Hypatia later appeared on the 1901 census as a visitor of the home of a Mrs. Jane Farmer in Liscard, Cheshire, listed with no stated profession. When she appeared on the 1911 census-as a visitor to the home of the Brooks family of Trinity Road, Liscard, Cheshire—Hypatia was a married woman yet still listed without any profession. She had been married around 1906 to Robert McLaren (born 1879), an engineer about whom little else is known. 

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
When she signed onto the RMS Titanic on April 6th, 1912 Hypatia gave her address as Shirley Road, Southampton. Her previous ship had been the Romanic and as a stewardess she received monthly wages of £3, 10s. Hypatia survived the the sinking, reportedly leaving the ship in lifeboat 5.

After The Sinking/Later Life/Death:
Hypatia and her husband remained in Liverpool but spent time living or visiting many exotic location: in December of 1922 they set off for a visit for a visit to India and departed from London aboard Novara; they returned to Britain in May of 1927 aboard the Rajputana and at which point their destination address was stated as Nicander Road, Sefton Park, Liverpool. They returned to India in September of that year aboard Rawalpindi when Robert McLaren was in the jute business and their address was given as Central Road, West Didbury, Manchester.

In 1947 the couple visited Hong Kong, returning home to Britain aboard Empress of Ireland. Hypatia and her husband also lived for several years at Central Road, Withington, Manchester. What became of Hypatia's husband isn't clear but she spent her final days as a widow living at Hague Road, Withington, Manchester. Hypatia died in Withington Hopsital, Manchester at the age of 89, she was cremated at Manchester Crematorium, England. The whereabouts of her ashes is unknown. The estate worth £293, 7s, 7d was left to her niece Rita Draco, the unmarried daughter of her eldest brother.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Hypatia McLaren.