Gertrude Thorne

January 26th, 1875 - November 19th, 1947

She is a Aquarius.

Gertrude Mabelle Thorne was born Gertrude Mabelle McMinn in San Francisco, California to William C. McMinn (born 1840) and Emma Amanda McGee (1856 - 1926). She had 2 sisters: Maud Bernice (later Mrs. Thomas Costigan; 1871 - 1956) and May Beatrice (later Parker; 1873 - 1943). In 1878, Gertrude's father had abandoned his family and Gertrude's mother soon married Samuel Abraham Wayne in December 26th, 1878 in Lake County, California. The family was later listed in the 1880 US census in Davisville, California. On June 16th, 1899 Gertrude married Henry Thorne in Santa Carla, California. Gertrude was listed in the 1910 US census as Maybelle Thorne, a widow living in Manhattan with a border named Charles L. Cohe.

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
Gertrude boarded the RMS Titanic at Cherbourg as a 1st class passenger. She was the mistress of George Rosenshine. To hide the fact that they boarded under the assumed names of George and Gertrude Thorne. They were returning from a business trip and holiday. George perished in the disaster but Gertrude escaped in Collapsible D.

George sent 2 Marconigrams from the RMS Carpathia, dated April 18th, 1912 to J. Rosenshine, West 92nd Street, New York City. And a Marconigram to Maud, Riverside, The Chatsworth, New York City. J. Rosenshine was George's brother.

After The Sinking/Later Life/Death:
In July 12th, 1913 in Stanford, Connecticut, Gertrude married Richard Centennuis Yanke (1876 - 1935) and they were listed as living with each other and a maid in Manhattan, New York, New York in the 1920 US census. Richard and Gertrude travelled extensively and Gertrude claimed various ages on passenger lists until the couple settled in Paris. In her later years, Gertrude lived in Paris with her widowed sister Maud.

Gertrude died on November 19th, 1947 in Nice, France from a cerebral hemorrhage and was buried at Cimetiére del L'Est, Nice, Crance. Her sister Maud continued to live until her death in 1956.  

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Gertrude Thorne.