Henry Hart

No Picture Available

Circa 1882 - April 15th, 1912

Zodiac Sign is Unkown.

Henry Hart was born in Drumiskbbole Ballysdare, Co Sligo, Ireland to Michael Hart (born 1843), a farmer, and Mary Cunningham (born 1841) who were married in Caly, Co Sligo on June 2nd, 1862. The family were Roman Catholic and versed in both Irish and English languages. He was one of 7 children, his siblings were: Bessy (March 16th, 1865), Mary (September 23rd, 1867), Bridget (born 1886), Francis (May 26th, 1870), Michael Dominic (October 4th, 1873), and Catherine (October 23rd, 1879). The 1901 census shows Henry, described as a farmer's son, and his family residing at house 33 in Drumiskbbole. His father passed away from cancer on July 7th, 1902. The 1911 census shows that Henry's mother and brother Frank were residents at House 18 in Drumiskbbole. Henry doesn't appear on the latter record as he had migrated to the USA the previous year, joining siblings already there; Michael and Catherine (Mrs. Wilhelm Schram) both lived Brookline, Massachusetts; another sister, Mrs. Jeremiah (Bridget) Collins had died there July 14th, 1901.

Henry was married in Belmont, Massachusetts on July 20th, 1911 to another Irish-American Bridget "Delia" McGuillicuddy (December 3rd, 1879) of Killorglin, a coastal town in Co Kerry, the daughter of blacksmith Dennis McGillicuddy and the former Bridget Fahy. Bridget and Henry reportedly worked together for a sugar company owned by E.F Atkins in Belmont. The couple returned to Ireland Amore the Cymric on August 10th, 1911, Henry at the time being described as a cook, and settled in Killorglin Bridget still had family.

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
Whilst in Ireland, Henry and Bridget discovered that they were expecting a child. With perhaps Henry planning to travel back to the USA and straighten out his affairs there before returning to Ireland to settle permanently, he originally booked passage to America aboard the Celtic. Henry instead boarded the RMS Titanic as a 3rd class passenger.

Described as a labourer, he was headed to Marion, Massachusetts where he had a relative, John Hart. During the voyage, he became acquainted with Margaret Devaney. It was she that reported that it was Henry who came to her cabin to alert she, Kate Hargadon , and Mary Burns of the danger. Henry Hart died in the sinking and his body if recovered, was never identified.

After The Sinking:
His elderly mother outlived him by over a decade; she remained in Drumiskbbole with Frank before she passed away on February 24th, 1923 whilst in her 80s. Crank died only a few years later on July 23rd, 1928. Bridget had been pregnant at the time of the sinking and gave birth to a son who was named after his father and was born in Killorglin, Co Kerry on May 14th, 1912. Bridget never remarried and remained in Killorglin for the rest of her life. She passed away at 74 on October 29th, 1954 following a bout of influenza.

His son later worked as a labourer and was married on September 5th, 1936 in Killorglin Bridget Flynn of Bansha, Co Tipperary. What became of him is in uncertain.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Henry Hart.