Edvard Lindell

No Picture Available

January 31st. 1876 - April 15th, 1912

He is a Aquarius.

Edvard Bengtsson Lindell was born in Mörarp, Malmöhus County, Sweden. Bengt Magnus (May 9th, 1830 - May 14th, 1878) and Botilla (née Johansdotter; August 13th, 1834 - October 28th, 1911) Nilsson. Her parents had married April 12th, 1956. His brothers and sisters, all born at Mörarp, were Johanna (March 19th, 1861), Christina (November 8th, 1863 - November 1st, 1876), Maria (April 19th, 1867), Nils (May 28th, 1870), and Frithof (May 3rd, 1873). He had been an employee of Ramlösa Shoe Factory for 4 years and lived at Pålstorp 5, Skogsgatan 7, Helsingborg, Skåne, Sweden. He married Elin Gerda on October 21st, 1905.

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
Shard and Elin had decided to emigrate to the USA. They got their certification on April 4th, 1912. According to some papers they had a a child but that isn't noted by register office at Raus, Helsingborg so it's possibly a misunderstanding from the paper. The couple were on their way from Helsingborg to the home of A. Petterson, Smith St Hartford, Connecticut. They boarded the RMS Titanic on April 10th, 1912 as Southampton as 3rd class passengers.

After the collision with the iceberg on April 14th, 1912, Edvard and Elin met up with fellow Swedes August Wennerström and Gunnar Tenglin. As the ship sank the group struggled up the sloping deck until it was too steep and, clasping hands, they slid back down and close to Collapsible A. Once the ship went under August and Edvard climbed into the boat. August saw Elin in the water and grabbed her hand. Weakened by the cold he was unable to assist her further and after a while she drifted away. During the night according to August  "Edvard's hair turned all gray in lesser time than 30 minutes". He died soon afterwards and lost Elin's wedding ring which he had been holding. Neither his or Elin's bodies were found, he was probably lowered overboard to make the unstable boat lighter.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Edvard Lindell.