Patrick Fox

July 15th, 1883 - April 15th, 1912

He is a Cancer.

Patrick Fox was born in Killaroo, Killare near Mullingar in Co Westmeath, Ireland to a Roman Catholic family, Patrick was the son of John Fox (born 1833),  farmer, and his wife Bridget Killian (born 1851), Westmeath natives who had married in Ballymore, Co Longford on February 25th, 1873. One of 9 children, Patrick's siblings were: Mary (January 30th, 1874), Ellen (March 17th, 1876), Bridget (January 6th, 1879), Anne (August 13th, 1881), Catherine (November 14th, 1887), Margaret (October 7th, 1889), and Christina (April 17th, 1892). An unnamed sister was born on January 2nd, 1885 but lived just 5 minutes away.

Patrick was shown on the 1901 census living and working as a farmhand in Clyglass, Killare, Co Westmeath whilst her parents were listed living in Killaroo, Killare. Patrick left Irish shores in April of 1903 aboard the Merion, bound for the home of his sister Bridget (Mrs. Frank Murray) in New York. Upon arrival in New York he was described as a 26-year-old labourer and as standing at 5'7 and with dark hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion. Making a decent living for himself, Patrick returned to Ireland sometime late 1910 and early 1911 for an extended visit.

He appeared on the 1911 census living with his family in Killaroo, Killare and it was later his intention to buy land from the neighbouring Conion family. During his stay his mother died from heart disease on June 2nd, 1911. Therefore, Patrick made plans to return to the USA and settle his affairs there before returning to Ireland permanently. 

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
Describing himself as a 26-year-old labourer, Patrick boarded the RMS Titanic at Queenstown as a 3rd class passenger on April 11th, 1912. Patrick died in the sinking and his body, if recovered, was never identified.

His father, who was battling senility, died just over a year later on May 3rd, 1913. Just prior to that, in March Christina had emigrated, travelling to New York aboard the Campania.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Patrick Fox.

Note: Wow holy shit it's the last chapter. Thank you to anyone who has read, voted on, and ends up reading my book. I am definitely planning on doing a 3rd book. I'm trying to do a chapter on each Titanic passenger. Thank you again everyone.