Fatimah Muslamâni

January 12th, 1890 - February 16th, 1971

She is a Capricorn.

Fatimah Mohammed Muslamâni (Fatima Moslimani) was born in Tibnīn, al-Janub, Lebanon to Mohammed Muslamâni and Zaynab Katamay and she grew up in a Shi'a Muslim family in Tibnīn and had at least two siblings.

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
Fatimah boarded the RMS Titanic at Cherbourg as a 3rd class passenger having already made the voyage from Beirut to Marseille. Travelling with her were two male cousins, Mustafà Nasr 'Almā and Yūsuf Ahmad Waznah, also of Tibnīn, and she gave her destination as Michigan City, Indiana where several siblings lived. 

On the Titanic she reportedly shared a cabin with an unidentified woman and her four-year-old daughter. Fatīmah survived the sinking but both her cousins were lost.

After The Sinking/Later Life/Death:
Treated in New York for the effects of exposure, Fatimah continued to Indiana and was married the following month on May 7th, 1912 to Mohammed Mustafa Ajamy (born 1890), seemingly also a native of Tibīn. They aren't believed to have had any children and they were later divorced. Mohammed was apparently later married and had a family, dying in the 1940's. Fatimah Angelicised her to Fatima Muselmanie and continued to live in Michigan City and was naturalized as a US citizen in January of 1927, giving her address as Washington Street.

By the time she appeared on the 1930 census she was described as divorced and still listed under married name, continuing to live in Michigan City where she was renting out rooms to make ends meet. She remarried in Ohio on September 22nd, 1936 to Charley Salem (born 1896), also from Lebanon, but that marriage was also brief. In the 1940's, Fatima paid a return to visit Lebanon; she returned to the USA and arrived there on December 1st, 1947, having departed from Beirut aboard the Marine Carp. Fatima moved to Dearborn, Michigan from Michigan City in the early 1950's; a July 1958 Canadian border crossing list states that her Dearborn address was Canabear Street.

Farming spent the reminder of her life in Dearborn, Michigan where he was surrounded by her extended family. She died on February 16th, 1971 in a nursing home and is buried in Roseland Park Cemetery, Berkeley, Michigan with her brother Hassan (1892 - 1968).

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Fatimah Muslamâni.