Emilie Kreuchen

October 1st, 1882 - March 25th, 1971

She is a Libra.

Emile Kreuchen was born in Germany to Theodore Kreuchen and Anna Bauer and had at least 1 sibling, a sister named Anna (1879 - 1974). The family lived in Oldisben, Kyffhäuserkreis, Thuringia, Germany. Emile had emigrated to the USA in 1897 and by the time of the 1900 census was living and working in St Louis, Missouri for William Berger, a banker, and his family. She had made at least 1 trip back to Germany and returned to the USA on September 23rd, 1907 aboard the Kaiser Wilhelm II, sailing from Bremen.

She later went to work for another St Louis family, lawyer Edward Scott Robert and his wife Elizabeth Walton McMillan Robert, appearing with them on the 1910 census. Mr. Robert died in 1911 and Mrs. Robert took herself, her daughter Georgette Madill, and Emile did a vacation to Europe. 

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
The party, including Mrs. Robert's niece Elisabeth Allen, boarded the RMS Titanic at Southampton. She probably occupied a cabin forward on E-deck close to that of her employer. On the night of the disaster, Emile stepped from her quarters into a passageway filled with water and went to the purser to ask what was wrong. She was told to return to her quarters while parts of the ship were blocked off to slow the flow of water.

Emile hastened to the canon of Elisabeth Allen telling her that the baggage room was full of water but was told not to worry and return to her cabin which she did but found it flooded.
Emile recalled being summoned to a lifeboat by a whistle and shared the open boat with 20 other passengers. Their lifeboat, lifeboat 2, was found shortly after daybreak.

After The Sinking/Later Life/Death:
After the sinking Emile travelled to Missouri with her employer where she also had relatives but would return to Germany the following year where she resided for several years. When she returned to the USA around 1916 she settled in San Francisco, California and was later married to a fellow-German immigrant Wimar Wum (April 4th, 1880) who had first come to the USA in 1910. The couple had no children. By the time of the 1818 (at the time of the latter's WWI) Emile and Wilmer lived at Steinar Street, San Francisco and Wum's employer was given as City of Paris Cleaning Company.

The 1930 census shows them residing at Ellis Street in that city whilst the 1940 census shows them as residents of apartments at Gough Street; on both occasions neither had any stated profession. They continued to sail back and forth across the Atlantic, one voyage being as late as August of 1951 when they sailed aboard De Grasse. Emile was widowed when Wilmer died on January 2nd, 1960. She herself passed away on March 28th, 1971 at the age of 88 and and was buried in Cypress Lawn Memorial Park in Colma, California.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Emile Kreuchen.