Catherine Peters

July 18th, 1884 - April 15th, 1912

She is a Cancer.

Catherine "Katie" Peters was born in Ballydrehid, near Clonmel in Co Tipperary, Ireland to William Peters (born 1842), a farmer, and Mary Crowley (born 1851), both Tipperary natives who had married in Bansha, Co Tipperary on February 18th, 1871. One of a dozen children born to her parents, Katie's known siblings were: William (January 4th, 1872), Edmund (October 2nd, 1874), Mary (November 20th, 1876), Thomas (March 29th, 1882), James (September 4th, 1886), Bridget (June 10th, 1889), Margaret (February 22nd, 1892), Helena (May 12th, 1894), and Johanna (June 8th, 1899). Katie appears on the 1901 census living at Ballydrehid. She emigrated in 1906 aboard the RMS Oceanic to New York, arriving stateside on October 3rd, 1906 when immigration records described her as a servant standing at 5'1 and with grey eyes, auburn hair, and a fair complexion. She was destined to her sister Mrs. John (Mary) Egan in Manhattan who had been living in New York before 1901. 

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
Katie returned to Ireland to visit her family around 1911 or early 1912, on her return voyage to New York on the RMS Titanic which she boarded at Queenstown as a third class passenger. She was reportedly traveling with her sweetheart Roger Tobin and aboard she roomed with Kate Connelly and Katie McCarthy. Her destined address was East 45th Street, Manhattan, the home address of Mary Egan. On the night of the sinking, Katie McCarthy, the only serving member of their group recalled that Roger called bh their cabin and told them to get up and get dressed and to
bring lifebelts but simultaneously assured them there was no danger. Katie McCarthy said that only she sensed any urgency and whilst she implored the other 2 girls to follow her, she ended up leaving alone and never saw the other 2 girls again.

Katie died in the sinking and her body, if recovered, was never identified. Her estate was valued at £64 and was administered to her father on October 15th, 1912. Her devastated family back in Ireland was to face heartache in the next few years when Katie's parents died only a year apart; her mother died January 13th, 1914 whilst her father, afflicted with senility, died February 24th, 1915.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Catherine Peters.