Constance Gladys Sage

No Picture Available 

1904 - April 15th, 1912

Zodiac Sign Is Unknown

Constance Gladys Sage was born in Wooton, Norfolk, England to John George Sage (born 1867), a corn chandler native to Hackney, and Elizabeth Ann Cazaly (born 1865), a native of Wolverhampton, Staffordshire. Her parents had married in 1890 and went on to have 9 children. Her siblings were: Stella Anna (born 1891), George John (born 1892), Douglas Bullen (born 1893), Frederick (born 1895), Dorothy Florence (born 1897), Anthony William (born 1899), Elizabeth Ada (born 1901), and Thomas Henry (born 1907). Constance spent her last years residing in Norfolk where her father ran a New Inn in Gaywood. She first appears on the 1911 census living with her family at Gladstone Street in Peterborough. Northamptonshire where her father worked as a baker.

In April of 1911 her father and George travelled to Winnipeg, Manitoba where they both worked as cooks with the Central Pacific Railway. After some months, her father and George had saved sufficient money to embark out in a venture of their own and he purchased a fruit farm at Jacksonville, Florida, where he intended to cultivate for pecans. The 2 eventually returned to Britain and made plans for the whole family to travel back to Florida.

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
It's likely that the family originally intended to travel aboard the Philadelphia but the coal strike forced them to take passage on Titanic instead. After bidding their farewell to many well-wishers the family travelled by train to Southampton and boarded the RMS Titanic on April 10th, 1912 as 3rd class passengers.

It's likely that the family was able to reach the deck shortly before the Titanic went down as there are reports that Stella got into a lifeboat but left it when other members of her family were unable to join her. The whole family was lost in the sinking; out of the 11-strong crowd only Anthony's body was recovered.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Constance Gladys Sage.