Margaret Edith Graham

February 16th, 1893 - April 26th, 1976

She is a Aquarius.

Margaret Edith Graham was born in Wheeling, West Virginia to William Thompson Graham (1851 - 1932) and his wife Edith Ware Junkins (1852 - 1924). Margaret had 6 siblings: William Townsend (born 1876), Mary (born 1879), Nellie Alice (born 1881), John Joseph (born 1882), Alice (born 1884), and Samuel Junkins (born 1886). Soon after Margaret's birth, the family moved to Greenwich, Fairfield, Connecticut. Margaret's father was a wealthy businessman, the President of the American Can Company, who had been one of the original backers of the 'Dixie Cup'. The simple invention boosted the Graham finances still further and, by the beginning of the 20th century, they were comfortably established in Greenwich, Connecticut. In 1912 they lived in Greenwich.  

Aboard Titanic/April 14th-15th, 1912:
Margaret, her mother, and governess Elizabeth Shutes boarded the RMS Titanic at Southampton. Margaret and Elizabeth occupied cabin C-125, her mother occupied C-19. When the Titanic hit the iceberg, Margaret was nibbling at a Chicken sandwich. Elizabeth asked a passing crewman if anything was wrong, the answer was 'No'. Then she looked at Margaret, who was so uneasy that the chicken kept falling from the bread.

Margaret, her mother, and Elizabeth were helped to lifeboat 3 by Howard B. Case and Washington Augustus Roebling II. As the boat landed they watched Case calmly leaning against the rail, lighting a cigarette and waving goodbye.

After The Sinking/Later Life/Death:
Afterwards, Margaret returned home to Greenwich and within 2 years Margaret married on June 6th, 1914 to Eugene M. Moore, the senior executive of a famous law firm, located in Staffordshire, Connecticut. She was active with the American Red Cross during World War II, and was active in local civic life throughout her life.

The couple had 3 children: Margaret (born 1916), Eugene Maxwell Moore (1917 - 2009), and William (1922 - 2003). Margaret died on April 26th, 1976. She was buried in Putnam Cemetery, in her hometown of Greenwich.

Sources:
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org

Rest In Peace Margaret Edith Graham.