Chapter 6 | The Prisoner (Part 4)

The group reaches the right cell after Burg destroyed two droids trying to stop them. Mayfeld works on getting the door open while the rest fan out to keep an eye out for droids.

"Z, open it up." Mayfeld says.

"You have 15 minutes remaining." The droid replies.

"Come on, come on. Open it up!" He says as the door begins unlocking. It opens, revealing a Twi'lek sitting inside.

"Qin." Din says, stepping forward. The man stands and approaches.

"Funny, the man who left me behind is now my savior." Qin says as he exits the cell, stepping up to Din. "Mando." He says. Burg growls and punches Din, sending him flying into the cell.

"No!" Cordelia cries. She moves to help him, but Xi'an grabs her. Mayfeld presses the button, closing the cell. Burg grabs Cordelia while Xi'an and Qin reunite, taking her weapons. Once they've finished, Xi'an approaches.

"Do you want to die quickly or slowly?" She taunts. Cordelia glares at her, as Qin joins them. He looks over her and smirks.

"Not yet, sister. I want to have some fun first." He says. They both laugh and Cordelia kicks him in the groin. Xi'an hisses at her and throws a knife. It sinks into Cordelia's side and she gasps. Burg lets her go and she falls to her knees, inspecting the wound.

"You'll survive." Xi'an says and walks past her. Qin scoops her up and follows the others. Cordelia looks over his shoulder at the cell and spots Din peeking through the gap. She gives him a reassuring smile before they turn the corner.

Cordelia keeps her eyes peeled for any way to escape the group as they run. Qin holds her arms tightly against her sides as he carries her so that she can't move them. After minutes of running, Zero talks through the commlink.

"Zero to Mayfeld. Zero to Mayfeld." The droid says.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Mayfeld shouts as he skids to a stop. He holds the commlink to his mouth. "Yeah?"

"You have a potential problem. He has escaped." Zero says. Cordelia laughs.

"You're all dead." She says as she laughs. Xi'an screams and approaches the two. She grips the knife and twists, making Cordelia cry out.

"I told you we should've ended him." Xi'an tells Mayfeld, getting in his face.

"I know!" He yells back.

"This is your fault!" She says. They yell at each other until Burg separates them. The lights turn off, then turn red. The group move to stand back to back. The doors around them close and Cordelia grins, knowing Din is coming for them.

The group begins running through the hallway.

"No!" Xi'an and Burg yell as the door lowers, separating them from the others. Qin drops Cordelia to the floor as he and Mayfeld try to get the doors open. She scoots against the wall and rips off a strip of her shirt to make a temporary bandage. She pulls out the knife and bandages the wound, pocketing the blade.

"It's all right. You and the Devaronian, split up. Find Mando and kill him. Then find a way back to the ship!" Qin says. 

He turns and sees Cordelia finishing the bandage. He quickly grabs her and throws her over his shoulder. She grunts as black spots dance across her vision from the wound pressing into his shoulder. She goes limp and closes her eyes, feigning unconsciousness.

"Do you have a name?" Qin asks, turning to Mayfeld.

"Mayfeld!" He says. Qin chuckles.

"Well, Mr. Mayfeld, you're gonna get me the hell off this ship." He says and moves down the hallway.