Chapter 21 | The Pirate (Part 2)

"This is a Kom'rk Class fighter transport. I'll use this to drop you in and you will operate as a tight military unit. Din Djarin and myself will reinforce from above. If everyone acts as they should, we can use the element of surprise and defeat an enemy that outnumbers us." Bo explains to the gathering of Mandalorians. Once she's done they begin boarding her ship.

"Be careful." Din tells Cordelia, cupping her face in his hands.

"I will. You be careful too." She replies as he leans in for a Keldabe Kiss. She pulls away and moves towards their ship where their children wait, their little hands gripping the side as they stand and watch their parents. She kisses each of their heads before resting her hands on their backs. "I'll see you soon. I love you." She tells them, kissing their heads again before approaching her husband.

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum." He says, pulling her to his chest. She smiles, repeating the words back to him. She kisses his breastplate, right above his heart. He pulls her into another Keldabe Kiss before noticing that Bo is waiting on Cordelia. "Go. Be careful." He tells her, gently pushing her towards the other ship. She smiles and nods, following Bo inside the ship.

"Pirate King Gorian Shard is captaining a Cumulus Class Corsair carrying a complement of snubfighters. It has aerial bombardment capabilities. The N-1 will distract the Corsair and her snubfighters as we drop in to liberate the planet below. Nevarro is an independent planet and no longer under remnant Imperial or New Republic protection. But it's that very independence that makes it appealing for you to settle. You lived there once, hiding in the sewers. But now, you can be heroes." Bo tells the Mandalorians as they travel towards Nevarro.

They arrive, and Bo hangs back as Din distracts Gorian Shard. After some firing back and forth and the release of the snubfighters, he begins chasing Din away from the city.

"The Corsair's on me. Coast is clear." Din says and Bo flies towards the city.

"Approaching drop point. First team, prepare to drop." She warns, opening the hatch at their feet. "First team away." She says as they drop into the city. She drops the second team a few moments later and Paz grabs Cordelia, bringing her safely to the ground with him.

"Be careful everyone." Cordelia tells the group as they begin moving through the city on the rooftops. 

They spot the other group in an ambush and make their way towards them. Paz jumps down into the street and the other Mandalorians follow. Cordelia quickly climbs down after them, joining them as they shoot at the pirates.

"Watch out!" Cordelia warns as a turret begins firing at them. A couple of Mandalorians try to get to higher ground, but they're shot and knocked down. The group is pinned down, unable to move forward while the turret is firing at them.

Suddenly, the turret stops firing after a scream is heard. The Mandalorians emerge from cover, spotting the Armorer standing at the turret. Cordelia smiles, grateful she's on their side.

"All clear. Advance!" Paz orders.

"Let's clear these bastards out of here." Cordelia adds. 

They move forward, taking out the pirates on the other side of the courtyard. They herd the intruders to the gates, where Greef and the citizens are waiting. The pirates surrender, setting their weapons on the ground.

"You got this?" She asks Paz. He nods, and she holsters her blaster. She rushes around the group and hugs Greef, who laughs, hugging her back.

"Where are the kids?" He asks. She points to the sky, towards Din and the ship. He chuckles.

"Oh, then they're definitely screwed. That man won't let anything happen to those kids." He says. Cordelia opens her mouth to respond but it turns into a gasp as Gorian Shard begins firing on the town behind them.

They move the citizens and prisoners farther from the gate, watching as Din and Bo fire on the pirate king's ship. The last engine fails and the ship crashes just outside the city, causing a large explosion. The citizens cheer and Greef pulls Cordelia into another hug, grateful his friends were able to save his city.

***

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Greef says to the group as the citizens cheer for him. 

Cordelia chuckles from her place next to Din and he chuckles, pulling her into his side. Grogu coos from his spot in the cockpit, Pandora asleep in the seat behind him, exhausted from the excitement from before.

"To all of you, and especially to our fine Mandalorian liberators, to whom this planet is forever indebted." He continues, looking to the group of Mandalorians. "Mandalorians, I know that we have been on opposite sides in the past, but that is behind us. From this day forward, I, Magistrate Greef Karga-"

"High Magistrate, sir." His droid corrects. The citizens laugh and Greef chuckles.

"High Magistrate Greef Karga, hereby cede all land from the western lava flats to Bulloch Canyon to the fine people of Mandalore. You may no longer have a home planet, but you do now have a home. Welcome." He tells them as he claps for them.

Cordelia smiles, wrapping her arms around Din and resting her head on his chest. He holds her closer, leaning down for a Keldabe Kiss. They hold each other for a moment longer before pulling away and beginning to prepare to move with the other Mandalorians.

Grogu coos from his spot next to them in the pram, getting their attention. Din rests one hand on Pandora's back as she rests in the carrier, turning to see what Grogu cooed at. He and Cordelia spot the Armorer and Bo approaching, the latter carrying her helmet under her arm.

"Bo-Katan Kryze is going off to bring other Mandalorians in exile to us so that we may join together once again." The Armorer announces to the group.

"But she shows her face." Paz protests. The other Mandalorians begin murmuring to each other and Bo glances over her shoulder at them.

"Bo-Katan walks both worlds. She can bring all tribes together." She replies.

Pandora squeals, the tension in the group easing somewhat at the joyful sound. Din shushes her, holding his hand out to her, hoping she'll rest so this important event can play out. She wraps her small hand around his finger and rests her head on his chest, relaxing once she has contact. He begins rubbing her back with his other hand, soothing her to sleep. Cordelia rolls her eyes at the interaction, annoyed that he can get her to sleep so easily.

Paz looks to Din, silently asking about Bo. He nods and Paz returns his attention to the Armorer. She looks to Bo.

"It is time to retake Mandalore." She says.

"Badass." Cordelia mouths to Bo, who smiles slightly, thankful that she at the very least has the couple's support.

Sorry for no chapter last week! If I have time, I'll update again but idk lol