Chapter 20 | The Foundling (Part 2)

"I kept a high altitude and followed it to its lair. I know how to get there." Bo-Katan tells the approaching group of Mandalorians. "We should muster up a hunting party and go after him."

She leads Cordelia, Din, The Armorer, and Paz into her ship, messing with the controls. "I scouted where it lives and mapped the location." She points, the map hologram appearing next to Paz. "There. The nest."

"It flew a long way." Din says.

"I will go get him." She offers.

"The mountains are too high. If we use jetpacks, the beast will hear." Paz replies.

"It would kill the child." The Armorer adds. Cordelia holds Pandora tighter to her chest, unable to comprehend how Paz seems so stoic when his son has been

 taken. She looks out the window towards the caves where Grogu sleeps in their room.

"These are no higher than the peaks of Kyrimorut. I used to climb them in basic training. I'll fly to the foothills, scale the rest of the way on foot." Bo says.

"We'll join you." Din tells her, squeezing Cordelia's hand. She nods in agreement, wanting to help rescue the child.

"Paz Vizsla, enjoin the shriek-hawk training team to accompany you. I will pack extended lariats for your launchers. We must avoid explosives and blasters for the safety of the foundling." The Armorer orders. "Cordelia Djarin, you will stay with me." She adds, moving towards the ramp.

"But I can help them-" She starts to argue. The Armorer stops at the edge of the ramp and turns to look at her.

"They have this handled. You are to stay with me." She says before exiting the ship, leaving no time for her to protest. Cordelia sighs and Din pulls her aside.

"We'll be fine." He tells her. She nods, shifting Pandora to her hip and wrapping her other arm around him. He wraps his arm around her and pulls her tighter into his side, his other hand moving to grab Pandora's little hand. She shrieks happily, lunging for him. 

Din chuckles and lifts her into his arms. She giggles and slaps her hands against the side of his helmet. He winces and lowers her to rest in the crook of his elbow.

"Gentle hands, ad'ika." He reminds her, tickling her belly. She squirms and Cordelia chuckles, taking her back and settling her on her hip.

"Be careful." She tells Din. He leans down for a Keldabe Kiss before stroking Pandora's cheek.

"I'll be back soon." He tells her. She smiles and nods, squeezing his hand before she turns to the others.

"You two be careful." She says. Bo and Paz both nod at her as she passes, heading down the ramp. She spots the team approaching the ship and watches them walk up the ramp. Cordelia hears cooing and sees Grogu standing near the Armorer. She joins them, crouching next to her son and watching Bo's ship fly away.

"You are too young to join them." The Armorer tells Grogu. He coos up at her and she looks at him. "All in good time. Come, Grogu. If you wish to become Mandalorian, there is much work to attend to." She says, leading the way to her forge.

Cordelia walks with Grogu, matching her pace to his, and they enter the cave. The Armorer stands at her forge, holding a set of headphones. She approaches Cordelia, carefully setting the earpieces over Pandora's ears.

"These will protect her from the noises." She explains. Cordelia nods, stroking her daughter's back as she looks up at her, confused by what's on her head. She chuckles at the expression on her face, joining Grogu at the table. 

Pandora settles on her mother's lap, babbling to herself, curious as to why she can't hear her own voice. Cordelia hands her the Wookiee doll, hoping to quiet her down, sensing the Armorer has some important wisdom to pass to Grogu.